Black panther movie

What did you think.

I thought it sucked. Now I know it’s a filler movie that is trying to paint the backstory. But what a waste of 2 hours. It got no where.

I guess i’m Not a fan of most of the marvel movies except for Deadpool and Spider-Man.
It just served the purpose of making it possible for the next movies to be more fantasy based. Than based on near feasible science. Just like Dr. Strange did.
It was ok, but not epic nor spectacular like everyone on FB was blowing it up to be. It literally reminded me of The Lion King more than a dozen times...Anyone? Lol

Also there was more than one screaming baby and a theater full of coughing, sneezing movie mongers which grossed my friend and I out. That might have dampered my experience, but truthfully the movie was still meh
The movie's visuals were stunning. I enjoyed the colors, costumes. specially the Dora Milaje. (Can a provider dress like that?)

However overall the movie was just a typical Marvel vehicle. nothing special.

Its shameful that sites like rotten tomatoes give excessively favorable ratings to average movies from Disney , Pixar and Marvel.
As an owner of over 700 comics and a fan of the Marvel Cinematic Universe it was one of the better films. Definitely one of the best villains we have ever had. For some who do not know much of comic books outside of the big 3, Thor Captain America and Iron Man, some of these characters may not resonate with you. Black Panther will likely be seen as the Thor movies were, the weaker trilogy out of the main characters in the next phase of Marvel films.
I have NO IDEA why anyone wants to see movies based on comic books. I dint think I bought a single comic book as a kid and the ones I saw that friends had didn’t impress me at all. Just think of the wonderful screen plays that good writers have slaved over for years that AREN’T going to get made because of the money spent on this reductive drivel. Ugh!
I have NO IDEA why anyone wants to see movies based on comic books. I dint think I bought a single comic book as a kid and the ones I saw that friends had didn’t impress me at all. Just think of the wonderful screen plays that good writers have slaved over for years that AREN’T going to get made because of the money spent on this reductive drivel. Ugh! Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Of all the crap you say, this has to be the single most ignorant one ever. You do realize that super profitable movies allow studios to take risks on screenplays that may never see the light of day?

Stick to being a lawyer man. Really.

I enjoyed the spectacle of it all, and yes at several points I thought a baboon may come out and hold up a baby black panther, but I don't know about it being a top 3 MCU movie as several have claimed.

It is available in 270 degree viewing, and Las Vegas has one of only 3 theaters in the US with such a screen. I am going to check that out.
The only reason the Black Panther movie is breaking records is because many African Americans who went to see it thought it was a movie about the origin of the first member of the Black Panthers.

Boy were they disappointed.
I thought it was just Ok. Funny how we all like different things. I cannot watch Spider-Man. It's just so blah to me. This movie was slower than what I thought and the main character was too pensive and indecisive, with a blank stare half the time. The visuals were pretty cool.

CG, no one thought it was the black panthers. I'm not sure if you're being funny or racist, but it's definite not funny. The theater I went to had virtually no African Americans there. It's being seen because A) Marvel rakes it in and B) it's a new concept. The characters are mainly black (it's set in an alternate world Africa), but why bring race into the equation?
I think I was 11 or 12 when I lost my fascination with super heros.

• grean
  • 02-20-2018, 11:48 AM
It was ok, but not epic nor spectacular like everyone on FB was blowing it up to be. It literally reminded me of The Lion King more than a dozen times...Anyone? Lol

Also there was more than one screaming baby and a theater full of coughing, sneezing movie mongers which grossed my friend and I out. That might have dampered my experience, but truthfully the movie was still meh Originally Posted by BBW Katrina

What is it with people bringing babies to theatres?
Restaurants are one thing. but cmon theatres, there is no way a baby stays quiet that long.
  • Crock
  • 02-20-2018, 12:24 PM
I thought it was the best Marvel movie to date, although Deadpool's irreverence is tough to beat.

Most of the visuals were stunning. Some of the CGI was lame, though.
Of all the crap you say, this has to be the single most ignorant one ever. You do realize that super profitable movies allow studios to take risks on screenplays that may never see the light of day?

Stick to being a lawyer man. Really.

I enjoyed the spectacle of it all, and yes at several points I thought a baboon may come out and hold up a baby black panther, but I don't know about it being a top 3 MCU movie as several have claimed.

It is available in 270 degree viewing, and Las Vegas has one of only 3 theaters in the US with such a screen. I am going to check that out. Originally Posted by Boltfan
You’re assuming that the six too ten mega budget, junk movies they make a year (and which might include one bid but) are collectively more profitable that the 50 or 60 well written thoughtful movies that they could make in their place. I’m not sure that assumption is true.
I thought it was good. Served its purpose by giving the backstory of the panther and Wakanda. Not the best marvel movie in my opinion though.
  • BLM69
  • 02-20-2018, 02:56 PM
I think I was 11 or 12 when I lost my fascination with super heros.

. Originally Posted by threepeckeredbillygoat
I was about to post that it was middle school for me, same goes for adults who play video games still.