What's the definition of a studio?

If the distinction between "Studio Reviews" and "Independent Reviews" means anything, it's not just a rhetorical question.

Every week, I see reviews in each section that I think are more suitable for the other. Obviously, the OP and maybe some others disagree; sometimes, though sometimes I think an obvious mis-posting may be an accident or out of habit.

I'll throw out the examples that come immediately to mind. These ARE meant rhetorically, for I have a suggestion at their conclusion; I'd prefer not to obscure a discussion of that with a debate over how each of us perceives the examples.

-- Several girls working out of one location. Walk-ins may or may not be accepted. You can call or text or PM one central number or address. Advertising and screening are handled by someone other than the girl you see. Rates are typically the same for each girl. See Energy Worx or Relax. Pretty obvious to me that it's a studio, but I'll occasionally see reviews in the Indie section.

-- Several girls working out of one location. Walk-ins are not accepted. Each girl has her own number, screens her own clients, sets her own activities list and has her own rate structure. She may or may not place her own ads. She's nominally an independent, but she pays a room fee to the establishment's owner, and can have her arrangement with the establishment terminated. See Camp Bowie and McCart. I think the girls are Indies and post my reviews accordingly, but I can see how some would disagree and post in the Studio forum.

-- Lately, the Fantasy Worx model has been added to the mix. It seems to operate more like an agency with an incall location than a true studio. Personally, I never look at Agency reviews, so I have a bias toward classifying these along with Energy Worx reviews in the Studio section.

-- And what about a couple or three or four girls sharing an apartment or a house? Is that a studio by virtue of it being a shared incall location?

I doubt we'll get universal agreement on anything except, perhaps, the last one.

And that's my point. If we don't have a standard definition or understanding, you have to look in both places to make sure you don't miss anything that might be relevant. And if that's the case, we might as well have just a "Reviews" forum.

I suggest that the more relevant distinction is not between whether a girl works in an establishment for someone or works for herself, but whether she offers incall or outcall or both. Check the ISOs sometime. When they express a preference, it's not for "Indie" or "Studio" appointments; it's for "Incall" or "Outcall."

It'd be a lot easier than having to open a review to find out what type of encounter it was, and then, whichever one it is, researching the girl to find out if she offers the other if that's what you need.

I know. Wish in one hand, spit in the other, and see which one fills up faster.