In Case You Missed It

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez won her Democratic primary against Michelle Caruso-Cabrera with 72.6% of the vote.

I am not a huge, or even a lukewarm, fan of AOC but it seems like those in her district like her.
WHAT IS OWED

If true justice and equality are ever to be achieved in the United States, the country must finally take seriously what it owes black Americans.

Unlike so many times in the past, in which black people mostly marched and protested alone to demand recognition of their full humanity and citizenship, a multiracial and multigenerational protest army has taken to the streets over the last month. They’ve spread across all 50 states in places big and small, including historically all-white towns like Vidor, Texas, where as recently as 1993 a federal judge had to order its public housing integrated. Shortly after, white supremacists ran out of town the handful of black people who had moved in. That Vidor, Texas, which remains 91 percent white and 0.5 percent black, held a Black Lives Matter rally in early June. In countries as disparate as England, Brazil, Kenya and Turkey, crowds pumped fists and carried signs with George Floyd’s name.

And this month, a Monmouth University poll showed that 76 percent of Americans, and 71 percent of white Americans, believe that racial and ethnic discrimination is a “big problem” in the United States.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez won her Democratic primary against Michelle Caruso-Cabrera with 72.6% of the vote.

I am not a huge, or even a lukewarm, fan of AOC but it seems like those in her district like her. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Yup, the polls had that one pegged.
In case you missed it...Joe won the primary but got zero delegates. So he still barely has enough to win the nomination but only if all his delegates turn up to vote. In the meantime, they have to wait 8 days before counting the absentee ballots. I'm sure AOC will win but we don't know by how much. Only 3% of the population voted in this election...27,000.
I saw it, not surprised.She can spend more energy as one of Biden’s campaign advisors.
In case you missed it...Joe won the primary but got zero delegates. So he still barely has enough to win the nomination but only if all his delegates turn up to vote. In the meantime, they have to wait 8 days before counting the absentee ballots. I'm sure AOC will win but we don't know by how much. Only 3% of the population voted in this election...27,000. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
You can only count the votes that were cast. Landslide victory for AOC. I remember you predicted that 3 of the 4 members of "The Squad" would not be reelected. Still standing by that prediction?

The information I see from the Associated Press shows all 164 NY delegates going to Biden.
I saw it, not surprised.She can spend more energy as one of Biden’s campaign advisors. Originally Posted by bambino
I was not surprized by her victory, but I was surprized by her margin of victory.
I was not surprized by her victory, but I was surprized by her margin of victory. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
She had all the prior publicity. Very high name recognition.
I was not surprized by her victory, but I was surprized by her margin of victory. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Trump predicted she could beat Schumer and she should run against him.
WHAT IS OWED
... Originally Posted by eccieuser9500

In my balance book, I owe them two things: Jack Shit.
There, now we're even.

Actual no. She was running unopposed. The other gal dropped out last month.
AOC got 125% of the mail in vote.
To the voters of her district: ya can't fix stupid so might as well vote for stupid! .....
Actual no. She was running unopposed. The other gal dropped out last month. Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
I thought she had three Dem opponents.
To the voters of her district: ya can't fix stupid so might as well vote for stupid! ..... Originally Posted by 00 gauge

Guess her constituents can get back to work at those high paying office jobs at Amazon HQ.

Oh, snap... guess not.