B.B. King dead at 89

• MojoR
  • 05-15-2015, 02:08 PM
As a huge fan or Blues and Rock and Roll I'm really saddened to hear that the legendary B.B. King died at the ripe old age of 89.

I had the honor to meet him once in person and have heard him play in a variety of different countries and settings. I think he was really a legend.

Few artists become the defining face of an entire style of music (blues), but he was.

This is a nice article about him in RollingStone
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...at-89-20150515

Anyone have any favorite memories of him or his music?
He's known for the song that best describes my marriage, "The Thrill is Gone".
We Three Kings .... B.B., Albert and Freddy could do some kick ass blues. Only heard Freddy live. I used to think they were all related. My last recollection was that Freddy was no kin but Albert was B.B.'s half brother. Not sure about that. I've read conflicting accounts.
I think it's indicative of the lack of musical awareness, that "the thrill is gone" is his one song almost everyone knows exclusively.. saw him at Clapton's guitarfest in 2004, and have the musical memory on DVD to enjoy.

we should use some lines from BB's songs when we hobby.. such as when a Provider balks at doing a certain activity, we should tell her "I'm paying the cost to be the Boss".. or if she asks what we want, tell her "rock me Baby, 'till my back aint got no bone"!
Edit: double post. Sorry.
RIP
Sad to see him go, but glad to have seen him a few times.

I see Buddy guy whenever he comes to town, not just because he is a blues genius on the guitar, but simply because he is as old or older than B.B. was.

All the old blues guys will be missed soon enough. Then we will really be Blue.