Asking for a line up, yay or nay?

With so many new choices it’s hard to know who will float your boat so is it good/cool to ask for a line up? In my experience I am often ushered into a room and a girl just sent my way. If I find her attractive then it’s all good. I have asked for someone else if they weren’t my type and a different girl would come. It’s worked out well enough so far. Although when I was getting started into the hobby a few years ago I did bail after paying the house fee and the table shower because I just couldn’t see myself with this girl. I regretted not bailing when I first saw her. I have gotten the balls since then to ask for someone else or go if there isn’t another choice. I would prefer to see who’s working and have a choice. I have only had this occur twice, once in Hong Kong and once in Dallas circa 2012 at Blue Angels which was my 1st US experience, Sarah was her name and after that I was hooked. So long story but looking for a place that has offers a line up. I once asked for a line up at Bali and the mom kinda laughed at me then sent in Penny which was amazing so it worked out. What’s the consensus? Ask for a line up or roll the dice? Of course there is this fine place to research but as we all know one mans 25 yr. old 7/10 could be another mans 45 yr. old 3/10 or worse.
A couple of weeks ago at Bali, I saw one of the other girls as I was leaving. Next day I called and asked Mamasan if she remembered who it was. She didn't, so I asked if I could see a lineup if I came over now. She said they weren't busy then, so sure. 5 girls came out looking spectacular. I chose Rata. Very glad I did.
I've never had a problem asking for a lineup. I've done it several times, I've also left several times when all the girls weren't my type.
If they are available it shouldn't be a problem. I went to one spa two weeks ago and the house mom had an attitude when I asked. I took my cash elsewhere.