This thread is for you SPEED... the DOJ is coming after Gumment overreach.

Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
I will let elected politicians in this country decide what is the best way to go

I guess the authoritarian method has constitutional issues...the leftwing politicians are the one who are drunk with power...YOUR PARTY SPEED!! About time someone brought the shit to a halt. The gumment that can give you everything and take everything away!! Nowhere in the Constitution is there a provision to allow the full suspension of rights because some elected official declares a public health emergency. It's the people of this country that make it great...not the gumment.

The DOJ Throws the Gauntlet Down to Wannabe Local Tyrants Suppressing People’s Rights

Posted at 10:15 pm on April 14, 2020 by Bonchie

Attorney General William Barr speaks about the coronavirus in the James Brady Briefing Room, Monday, March 23, 2020, in Washington. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)
This week, we’ve seen a culmination of various state and local officials playing petty dictator in response to the Wuhan virus. Whether it’s ticketing people for going to drive-in churches, which doesn’t spread the virus in the least, or banning parents from buying car seats, these politicians and police departments have decided they have the power to suspend the Constitution at their whim.

My colleague Nick Arama wrote extensively about what Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer is doing. Be sure to check that out by clicking here. Just today, the Raleigh Police Department in North Carolina joined in on the stupidity.

Now, the DOJ is throwing down the gauntlet, letting these wannabe tyrants know that they can’t continue to arbitrarily target certain groups.
Here’s the full letter per Rep. Jim Jordan.

https://twitter.com/Jim_Jordan/statu...ples-rights%2F

This is long overdue, though I understand why the DOJ needed to wait for these people overstep before making this move. There’s no excuse to ban religious services where people are staying in their cars or telling people they can’t even go to another person’s house. I don’t care how bad this virus gets, there are lines which simply shouldn’t be crossed. Nowhere in the Constitution is there a provision to allow the full suspension of rights because some elected official declares a public health emergency.
While some say this is a temporary, necessary evil, I say that’s foolish. These precedents won’t be going away if we allow them to stand. The DOJ needs to come down hard on anyone violating the rights of American citizens. Gov. Whitmer is at the top of that list. Trading freedom for security is not a bargain Americans should ever be willing to make. There are ways to socially distance and mitigate the spread of the virus without taking a torch to our rights. We should all be pushing for that result instead of tolerating these tyrannical impulses from our representatives.
...Nowhere in the Constitution is there a provision to allow the full suspension of rights because some elected official declares a public health emergency.. Originally Posted by bb1961

Seriously, are you saying that we have a right and duty to behave like responsible adults and be responsible for our own actions and that the government is supposed to work for the people to support that end?!? What's next, pursuit of happiness??

That's crazy talk, yet quite revolutionary at the same time.
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
I will let elected politicians in this country decide what is the best way to go

I guess the authoritarian method has constitutional issues...the leftwing politicians are the one who are drunk with power...YOUR PARTY SPEED!! About time someone brought the shit to a halt. The gumment that can give you everything and take everything away!! Nowhere in the Constitution is there a provision to allow the full suspension of rights because some elected official declares a public health emergency. It's the people of this country that make it great...not the gumment.

The DOJ Throws the Gauntlet Down to Wannabe Local Tyrants Suppressing People’s Rights

Posted at 10:15 pm on April 14, 2020 by Bonchie

Attorney General William Barr speaks about the coronavirus in the James Brady Briefing Room, Monday, March 23, 2020, in Washington. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)
This week, we’ve seen a culmination of various state and local officials playing petty dictator in response to the Wuhan virus. Whether it’s ticketing people for going to drive-in churches, which doesn’t spread the virus in the least, or banning parents from buying car seats, these politicians and police departments have decided they have the power to suspend the Constitution at their whim.

My colleague Nick Arama wrote extensively about what Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer is doing. Be sure to check that out by clicking here. Just today, the Raleigh Police Department in North Carolina joined in on the stupidity.

Now, the DOJ is throwing down the gauntlet, letting these wannabe tyrants know that they can’t continue to arbitrarily target certain groups.
Here’s the full letter per Rep. Jim Jordan.

https://twitter.com/Jim_Jordan/statu...ples-rights%2F

This is long overdue, though I understand why the DOJ needed to wait for these people overstep before making this move. There’s no excuse to ban religious services where people are staying in their cars or telling people they can’t even go to another person’s house. I don’t care how bad this virus gets, there are lines which simply shouldn’t be crossed. Nowhere in the Constitution is there a provision to allow the full suspension of rights because some elected official declares a public health emergency.
While some say this is a temporary, necessary evil, I say that’s foolish. These precedents won’t be going away if we allow them to stand. The DOJ needs to come down hard on anyone violating the rights of American citizens. Gov. Whitmer is at the top of that list. Trading freedom for security is not a bargain Americans should ever be willing to make. There are ways to socially distance and mitigate the spread of the virus without taking a torch to our rights. We should all be pushing for that result instead of tolerating these tyrannical impulses from our representatives. Originally Posted by bb1961
You live in Texas. We have a Republican governor. One I voted for.

Texas announces shutdown amid coronavirus crisis

Texas Republican Gov. Greg Abbott on Thursday issued an executive order that will close schools, restaurants, bars and gyms in an effort to stop the spread of the deadly coronavirus.

Speaking to reporters from the state Capitol, Abbott said the order prohibits dining or eating at restaurants and bars, but “to go” orders are still permitted. He said that Texans must limit social gatherings to 10 people and may not visit nursing homes except for critical care.

I can't go to the gym. I can't go to church. Grandkids can't go to school, either college or K-12. I can't get my haircut. In many cities masks must be worn. The inconvenience to my life is minor. I feel very sorry for those that are impacted financially.

This is temporary. A minority of the people in this country agree with you that the shut down should never have occurred. That Democrats AND Republican leaders are overstepping their authority. Do nothing. Let the coronavirus run its course.
74% of people in this country support the shutdown. 19% do not.
I do. You do not. Remember this in November 2022 when you vote for governor again. Who shut Texas down in 2020.
From all accounts, the leadership in Texas is somewhere to the right of Atilla the Hun, eh?

Isn’t TEXAS where they tried to rewrite the history books to remove America a like Jefferson?
From all accounts, the leadership in Texas is somewhere to the right of Atilla the Hun, eh? Originally Posted by HoeHummer
And yet is weathering the storm better than many states with leadership to the left of Atilla the Hun, eh?
...Isn’t TEXAS where they... Originally Posted by HoeHummer

TEXAS is where they only recognize two states: TEXAS and Not TEXAS. In that order.
  • oeb11
  • 04-15-2020, 09:58 AM
Well written - WYID!
From all accounts, the leadership in Texas is somewhere to the right of Atilla the Hun, eh?

Isn’t TEXAS where they tried to rewrite the history books to remove America a like Jefferson? Originally Posted by HoeHummer
Actually, Attila the Hun supported mail in ballot harvesting and blood donations from gay men, so I would call him a liberal.
You live in Texas. We have a Republican governor. One I voted for.

Texas announces shutdown amid coronavirus crisis

Texas Republican Gov. Greg Abbott on Thursday issued an executive order that will close schools, restaurants, bars and gyms in an effort to stop the spread of the deadly coronavirus.

Speaking to reporters from the state Capitol, Abbott said the order prohibits dining or eating at restaurants and bars, but “to go” orders are still permitted. He said that Texans must limit social gatherings to 10 people and may not visit nursing homes except for critical care.

I can't go to the gym. I can't go to church. Grandkids can't go to school, either college or K-12. I can't get my haircut. In many cities masks must be worn. The inconvenience to my life is minor. I feel very sorry for those that are impacted financially.

This is temporary. A minority of the people in this country agree with you that the shut down should never have occurred. That Democrats AND Republican leaders are overstepping their authority. Do nothing. Let the coronavirus run its course.
I do. You do not. Remember this in November 2022 when you vote for governor again. Who shut Texas down in 2020. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX

Do you think 20 million people defaulting on their mortgages is a "minor inconvenience" to them, if you were like many people that relied on a steady pay check to survive and the gumment throwing 1200 buck to them is going to make a dent in their daily need the you're about as bright as I thought. Your in a position to not be affected by this disaster but the majority of people are hang by a thread.

Small businesses which are the backbone of this economy are not going to be able to return to business...and you think that is a "minor inconvenience" to them. Your arrogant pompous attitude shines bright because you are insulated from that being that you're retired...you have a guaranteed income but the the vast majority of the hard working Americans don't. You being a worshiper of big gumment and have no problem letting the gumment doing whatever they want in order to controlling peoples lives.

Nowhere in the Constitution is there a provision to allow the full suspension of rights because some elected official declares a public health emergency. Please link the provision to that since your so good at posting links. You ignore this because it doesn't fit you big gummet control templet. It's the people of this country that make it great...not the gumment. There are far to many sheeple like yourself that when the gumment oversteps their powers you are in complete lock steep with them. They say jump and you say how high. Many brave people gave their lives to defending these freedoms and you are OK with the gumment over steeping the constitution for the "good" of the Americans.

The damage this has done financially to this country far out weights the erroneous numbers of lives lost to this virus. What is percentage of people they attribute to dying from this virus did actually died from this virus, because many that have died were purposely classified as this virus being the cause when it's coming out the many people didn't even have this virus that being done because it fits the hysteria that the gullible sheeple like you eat right up. In the end the number will be scaled way down for the made up number the gumment want you to believe and you being the gumment lover you are you will lap it right up.

You SPEED are insulated from the financial hardship of the million of working class that are the life blood that makes this country the greatest in the world, like your leader you love so much bullosey who has the same line as you...Trump don't you dare open up American and let it get prosperous again . It easy for people like yourself and bullosey to watch this country in a financial death spiral because if it gets rid of Trump and it will be worth it. There is a reason the DOJ is investigating this power grab...BECAUSE IT IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL..that pesky document SPEED.

Just a little of the heavy handed tactics of you overreaching gumment if a didn't KNOW this was American I would swear it was stories of HITLER'S GESTAPO.
Please tell me how ANY of this is Constitutional ??

Here's How To Get Others to Follow Social Distancing Rules ...

time.com › Health › COVID-19

3 days ago - If Someone Is Violating Social Distancing Rules, What Do You Do? ... putting on the floor to show customers how to line up at a proper distance. ... If you live in a state like Hawaii, where at least three people have been arrested for flouting quarantine orders, ... How to Make a DIY Face Mask for Coronavirus.

To Enforce Social Distancing Rules, Cops Fined a ...

reason.com › 2020/04/07 › to-enforce-social-distancing-rules-cops-fi...

Apr 7, 2020 - They make the site work better for you, and allow us to provide awesome free ... The key to stopping the spread of the coronavirus, we've been told by public ... for violating social distancing orders—technically, the arrests were for ... gas prices falling to near record lows—while maintaining social distance.

To enforce coronavirus distancing, police say arrests are last ...

abcnews.go.com › Health › story

Mar 31, 2020 - They said because he was in violation of Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan's emergency coronavirus order, and it was the second time police had ... arrests are not the way police would prefer to enforce the new rules ... have had a few instances of reminding people to socially distance themselves from others.

Police are arresting and fining people for violating coronavirus ...

www.cnn.com › 2020/03/31 › violating-coronavirus-orders-trnd

Apr 1, 2020 - Pastor arrested for holding services despite stay-at-home order ... and festivals have been delayed, and restaurants have moved to delivery or takeout only. ... recommendation to avoid mass gatherings and maintain distance from others. ... In New York City, residents who violate social distancing rules face ...

Social distancing rule breakers, beware: Boston 'vigilantes ...

www.bostonglobe.com › 2020/04/02 › metro › social-distancing-violato...

Apr 2, 2020 - In the age of coronavirus, activities once thought of as harmless are drawing looks of ... who are fielding a surge of reports of supposed social distancing violations. ... A few weeks ago these were all harmless, heartwarming activities. ... Damon has been spotted out in the picturesque town of Dalkey, south of ...Missing: arrests ‎| Must include: arrests

NYPD Makes Arrests For Social Distance Violations As More ...

gothamist.com › news › nypd-makes-arrests-social-distance-violations...

Apr 3, 2020 - As of Wednesday, 6498 officers of the NYPD have called out sick in response to the ... more than 1500 NYPD employees have tested positive for the novel coronavirus. ... Please make sure Gothamist remains on it with you. ... many individuals have been fined or arrested for violating social distancing rules.

Pastor arrested for violating rules amid virus outbreak

apnews.com › ...

Mar 30, 2020 - (AP) — Florida officials have arrested the pastor of a megachurch after ... a safer-at-home order in place to limit the spread of the coronavirus. ... He was charged with unlawful assembly and violation of a public health emergency order. ... enforced the six-foot distance rule between family groups, made sure ...

Florida's coronavirus stay-at-home order doesn't bar churches ...

www.nbcnews.com › news › us-news › church-vs-state-desantis-stay-...
Damn, junior. Does SpeedRacerXXX live in your head full time? You need to get a life, son. Chill the fuck out.
SpeedRacer and his entire family, apparently.
This coming from you HOE a guy that was prema-banned because of his vile behavior so you violated board rules that don't apply to you and come up with a new handle and keep spewing your vile nonsense. Your new handle HOE didn't stop you from your derogatory statements about board members mothers you disagree with. You shouldn't even be on this board YR. ALL your threads and posts are completely worthless nonsense. You're just like you buddy WTF...maybe you'll be joining him soon!!
Meh, closing had to occur because we got tossed into this mix-master blind by Chi-i-i-i-na and WHO. Now we got eyes on and open based on real, actual data from ourselves and the civilized world. OK, we got arse porked. We can fix how we got here later. Open, open, open this badass economy up. Fire that puppy up!

...This is temporary. A minority of the people in this country agree with you that the shut down should never have occurred. That Democrats AND Republican leaders are overstepping their authority. Do nothing. Let the coronavirus run its course.

I do. You do not. Remember this in November 2022 when you vote for governor again. Who shut Texas down in 2020. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Do you think 20 million people defaulting on their mortgages is a "minor inconvenience" to them, if you were like many people that relied on a steady pay check to survive and the gumment throwing 1200 buck to them is going to make a dent in their daily need the you're about as bright as I thought. Your in a position to not be affected by this disaster but the majority of people are hang by a thread.

Small businesses which are the backbone of this economy are not going to be able to return to business...and you think that is a "minor inconvenience" to them. Your arrogant pompous attitude shines bright because you are insulated from that being that you're retired...you have a guaranteed income but the the vast majority of the hard working Americans don't. You being a worshiper of big gumment and have no problem letting the gumment doing whatever they want in order to controlling peoples lives.

Nowhere in the Constitution is there a provision to allow the full suspension of rights because some elected official declares a public health emergency. Please link the provision to that since your so good at posting links. You ignore this because it doesn't fit you big gummet control templet. It's the people of this country that make it great...not the gumment. There are far to many sheeple like yourself that when the gumment oversteps their powers you are in complete lock steep with them. They say jump and you say how high. Many brave people gave their lives to defending these freedoms and you are OK with the gumment over steeping the constitution for the "good" of the Americans.

The damage this has done financially to this country far out weights the erroneous numbers of lives lost to this virus. What is percentage of people they attribute to dying from this virus did actually died from this virus, because many that have died were purposely classified as this virus being the cause when it's coming out the many people didn't even have this virus that being done because it fits the hysteria that the gullible sheeple like you eat right up. In the end the number will be scaled way down for the made up number the gumment want you to believe and you being the gumment lover you are you will lap it right up.

You SPEED are insulated from the financial hardship of the million of working class that are the life blood that makes this country the greatest in the world, like your leader you love so much bullosey who has the same line as you...Trump don't you dare open up American and let it get prosperous again . It easy for people like yourself and bullosey to watch this country in a financial death spiral because if it gets rid of Trump and it will be worth it. There is a reason the DOJ is investigating this power grab...BECAUSE IT IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL..that pesky document SPEED.

Just a little of the heavy handed tactics of you overreaching gumment if a didn't KNOW this was American I would swear it was stories of HITLER'S GESTAPO.
Please tell me how ANY of this is Constitutional ??

Here's How To Get Others to Follow Social Distancing Rules ...

time.com › Health › COVID-19

3 days ago - If Someone Is Violating Social Distancing Rules, What Do You Do? ... putting on the floor to show customers how to line up at a proper distance. ... If you live in a state like Hawaii, where at least three people have been arrested for flouting quarantine orders, ... How to Make a DIY Face Mask for Coronavirus.

To Enforce Social Distancing Rules, Cops Fined a ...

reason.com › 2020/04/07 › to-enforce-social-distancing-rules-cops-fi...

Apr 7, 2020 - They make the site work better for you, and allow us to provide awesome free ... The key to stopping the spread of the coronavirus, we've been told by public ... for violating social distancing orders—technically, the arrests were for ... gas prices falling to near record lows—while maintaining social distance.

To enforce coronavirus distancing, police say arrests are last ...

abcnews.go.com › Health › story

Mar 31, 2020 - They said because he was in violation of Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan's emergency coronavirus order, and it was the second time police had ... arrests are not the way police would prefer to enforce the new rules ... have had a few instances of reminding people to socially distance themselves from others.

Police are arresting and fining people for violating coronavirus ...

www.cnn.com › 2020/03/31 › violating-coronavirus-orders-trnd

Apr 1, 2020 - Pastor arrested for holding services despite stay-at-home order ... and festivals have been delayed, and restaurants have moved to delivery or takeout only. ... recommendation to avoid mass gatherings and maintain distance from others. ... In New York City, residents who violate social distancing rules face ...

Social distancing rule breakers, beware: Boston 'vigilantes ...

www.bostonglobe.com › 2020/04/02 › metro › social-distancing-violato...

Apr 2, 2020 - In the age of coronavirus, activities once thought of as harmless are drawing looks of ... who are fielding a surge of reports of supposed social distancing violations. ... A few weeks ago these were all harmless, heartwarming activities. ... Damon has been spotted out in the picturesque town of Dalkey, south of ...Missing: arrests ‎| Must include: arrests

NYPD Makes Arrests For Social Distance Violations As More ...

gothamist.com › news › nypd-makes-arrests-social-distance-violations...

Apr 3, 2020 - As of Wednesday, 6498 officers of the NYPD have called out sick in response to the ... more than 1500 NYPD employees have tested positive for the novel coronavirus. ... Please make sure Gothamist remains on it with you. ... many individuals have been fined or arrested for violating social distancing rules.

Pastor arrested for violating rules amid virus outbreak

apnews.com › ...

Mar 30, 2020 - (AP) — Florida officials have arrested the pastor of a megachurch after ... a safer-at-home order in place to limit the spread of the coronavirus. ... He was charged with unlawful assembly and violation of a public health emergency order. ... enforced the six-foot distance rule between family groups, made sure ...

Florida's coronavirus stay-at-home order doesn't bar churches ...

www.nbcnews.com › news › us-news › church-vs-state-desantis-stay-...
Originally Posted by bb1961
Again, Trump supports the closing down of everything. Have you sent a copy of your post to him? How about Governor Abbott?

I supported the decision of those who made it to close things down. They have the information that neither you nor I have and are entrusted to make the correct decisions. If you don't like Abbott's handling of the situation, vote him out of office when he comes up for reelecttion. Same with Trump.

I will also support the decision of the governors and Trump to open things up again, when in fact it happens.
Damn, junior. Does SpeedRacerXXX live in your head full time? You need to get a life, son. Chill the fuck out. Originally Posted by Lapdog
Do you really think his ranting and raving gets to me? I consider the source and get a good laugh out of it.

Thanks for the support.