"The Rest of the Story..."

I've been pondering something, and since I haven't found a thread about this, what the heck....I figured I'd ask for opinions....

Reviews , as I see them, serve a dual purpose. First for the hobbyist, a way to find a check out a provider to see if there is an interest. For the providers, a way to "advertise", and find clientele.....reviews serve a wonderful role in the trade.

However (you were waiting for this, right? )......the rest of the story, the "BCD" stuff. I dunno, does that REALLY help in determining whether or not I would like to see a provider?

I'm still trying to figure this out....if reading in full blown (so to speak ) detail that: "provider X diddled my fiddle with an ostrich feather dipped in SlimFast (we all can lose a little, huh?)"........ really helps me decide whether to see that lady or not.

Seems to me that some stuff, I dunno, should be somewhat.....discrete.

I mean, understanding that we are all adults (I hope!) and know that we all enjoy the variety....I guess for me, I don't need to know all the specifics. I'd rather be surprised.....

The screening process, the rates, the locations, the reliability and trustworthyness of the provider, yes. Those things are far more important to me. Safety first and foremost.

And, not for nuthin'.....but do the ladies really like those details put out there like that? Ladies, maybe you can tell us that!

Just wondering......

elg...
to be fully honest with you, there is one provider who will send the review once he has written it to myself. To me it's not a biggie. I get the guidelines and rules, and I have taken pointers out of his "BCD" section. I want to grow, perfect and mature with my skills. So it was helpful. But other than that one scenario, us providers do not see anything after the basics.
I have always found all the useful info I need about providers from the standalone review itself. I never find or have found BCD commentary nor comments to reviews necessary. Personally I've felt that stuff is for the penthouse or Hustler erotic story column per say. I tend to view such material as looking at an experience with a provider as " Living vicariously" with the eyes/opinions of another. I use the info from the basic review to make a decision on the providers consistency and legitimacy, as well as a contact info source and nothing more. Then I go live out the real thing BCD, hence if I want erotic stories I go live one out of my own with a provider. And that stays BCD with me and the provider...truly honoring the true essence of "BCD" or "rest of the story" if that's what people want to call it
to be fully honest with you, there is one provider who will send the review once he has written it to myself. Originally Posted by BrookeButtons
I assume "provider" should be "hobbyist".
Yes Jack. I did mean to write hobbyist. My bad
What I usually hope to get from the ROS section are the ease and reliability of her scheduling, something about the incall venue and ambience, and whether she is willing to meet the client halfway in the encounter. Also, just like in a letter of recommendation, people are often reluctant to be outright negative, but sometimes people try to give you hints about some reservations if you can read between the lines.

I wish more people writing the ROS sections would understand what people like me are looking for.
have no intrest in premium access...TMI...
  • Doove
  • 08-24-2010, 03:40 PM
Seems to me that some stuff, I dunno, should be somewhat.....discrete.

I mean, understanding that we are all adults (I hope!) and know that we all enjoy the variety....I guess for me, I don't need to know all the specifics. I'd rather be surprised.....

The screening process, the rates, the locations, the reliability and trustworthyness of the provider, yes. Those things are far more important to me. Safety first and foremost.

And, not for nuthin'.....but do the ladies really like those details put out there like that? Ladies, maybe you can tell us that!

Just wondering......

elg... Originally Posted by elghund
On the one hand, i'm entirely on board with what you're saying. But on the other hand, i think the "storied" aspect of some of the reviews, at least to a certain extent, drives traffic. More traffic means more reviews. More reviews means more of the information that guys like you and Jack are looking for. So at worst, i'd look at it as a beneficial evil.

Though i will say, and believe me when i say that i point this out with no small sense of shame, but the slightly more graphic ROS parts of the reviews are what has me clamoring to see Austyn. Ease of scheduling, a sunny disposition, and a pretty face are all well and good. But sometimes you might want to seek out just a little bit more.
Depends on the ROS writer whether the ROS is useful to me or not. Perhaps the one that most motivated me to see a provider was one I read a long time ago (maybe on ASPD) describing how friendly the woman was and how there wasn't a sense that the clock was ticking. In that particular review, there was snow and the provider and hobbyist ended up waiting the snow fall out by eating dinner together.

I share that example because that's the sort of thing that jumps out at me. Something that indicates who the person is beyond the raw play time.

Honestly though, the other reviews that jump out at me are the ones that indicate the provider really is really playful and assertive BCD. The "...and then I stuck it there" reviews don't do much for me. The ones that jump are the ones that read "...and then she did 'x' with my 'y' while flashing a smile and an evil little laugh."
whos that 'did x with my y' gal NB, been serching for that 'sexpot' for years!!! hook a brother UP!!!
I find the BCD section immensely helpful. As a business traveler, I can travel to an area where there many providers who are "recommended" but the BCD helps me differentiate those providers who meet my preferences. Time and budget are limited so BCD from multiple reviewers gives a greater sense of the provider's personality which is very important to me.
I don't need the X's and O's of the reviews but I try to be keen on what reviewers don't say. I find that more important than anything else. Reviewers can have a pleasant time with a provider and don't want to say anything harsh so they'll omit certain things. For example, a reviewer in the BCD may mention a provider has a great body, great breasts but no mention of a pretty face or bright smile. When seen over multiple reviewers, you get the picture. BCD gives a greater sense of the overall experience. Otherwise it's just simple demographics info and a simple yea or nay at the end.
  • m2244
  • 08-24-2010, 05:24 PM
the only this i do not like about the BCD part is that its BCD.......I mean come on I know 99 percent of you guys are legit when writing but I'm sure sometimes the male ego can take over just a touch in that and im sure there are some things added that a provider might not want to be seen esp if it didn't happen. Then in return you get someone new that is like ummm well it said you did this and its not true?........making us look like idiots. just out of cuorsity sence we are on this subject why is it BCD......?.....if its about us clearly we know what happened lol
  • m2244
  • 08-24-2010, 05:24 PM
also I think there should be a section on hobbyist reviews. .....not for any other reason but enjoyment and easier screening
also I think there should be a section on hobbyist reviews. .....not for any other reason but enjoyment and easier screening Originally Posted by m2244
Mary, there was a thread on this in the main board about six months ago. I thought this was a good idea. The number of providers that came out and said "No f'ing way I'd ever do a review on a hobbyist. One bad review could destroy my business." was pretty surprising to me until I read about five on the same theme.

I think the providers should get a copy of the reviews written on them but this is a long-standing battle of philosophies. My thought is that you ought to know that "x" didn't say you did "y" so that when the next guy comes in saying he read that you did "y", you were in a position to call bullshit on him (nicely of course).

It would be nice to be more open but the women have their area where they can say things that the guy will never know and the BCD is an area where the guys can do the same (except for the white knighting).
http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=81315

We just had that thread here in this very forum a few weeks ago as well