Chinese-Made Olympic Uniforms

I chuckle at the sanctimonious "outrage" at the realization that the uniforms of the U.S. Olympic Team are made in China.

The fact is that our Olympic athletes are supported, not by our government, but by corporate donations. The uniforms are supplied by Ralph Lauren, whose factories are in China.

I would love to see the "outraged" politicians and the general public all throw away their Chinese-made iPhones in protest!
  • iggy
  • 07-13-2012, 05:41 PM
How come no one cried out after Washington Borrowed millions from China. uniforms may have been part of the deal.

A government keeping Jobs In Their Country, Hmm !! a unique Idea !!!
How Bout our Government pass Laws that the people want,IE budgets,healthcare,etc and stop whining on stupid shit that doesn't matter
The U.S. Olympic Committee has yielded to political pressure and promised that uniforms in the next Olympics will be made in the U.S. I sleep much better knowing that our domestic garment industry will be revitalized.

I certainly hope that the patriotic politicians do not start looking into where athletic shoes are made. Otherwise, our athletes might have to compete in bare feet.
Twenty-four years later another barefoot runner made Olympic

"Young barefoot South African runner Zola Budd was given a lifeline to compete in the 1984 Los Angeles Summer Olympics 5000 metres against her hero and race favourite American Mary Decker. But her dream of running the race of her life ended in acrimony and accusation."
http://www.swide.com/luxury-magazine...ents/2012/6/20

maybe not a bad idea
There's a store in Elma, NY...near Buffalo named Made in America, featuring products that are 100% American, and it's growing in leaps and bounds. ENOUGH of this out sourcing of jobs for CHEAP labor. That's why GOOD jobs have vanished in this country to CHEAP overseas suppliers.
There's a store in Elma, NY...near Buffalo named Made in America, Originally Posted by BfloEd
It is certainly a noble idea that is worthy of our support. The slim menswear selection illustrates the challenges it faces.
they should give the contract to haliburton

highly successfull/profitable company that will get the job done and made MANY billionaires
The U.S. Olympic Committee has yielded to political pressure and promised that uniforms in the next Olympics will be made in the U.S. I sleep much better knowing that our domestic garment industry will be revitalized. Originally Posted by jackfengshui
I did not know there was still a domestic garment industry.
Hickey Freeman Men's and Boys suits, sportcoats, trousers, tuxedos, ...

1155 Clinton Ave N Rochester, NY 14621