Hobby Life Here

I'll go first? What would it take to get the hobby scene more happening here? Is it the location? The selection? The closeness to some major cities?
Waco/Killeen and Bryan/College station have about a 90 mile difference between them, even though the board has them as one subforum so location may be a factor.

As stated in another board, cost may be one as well. Bad Economy and Providers need to recoup their costs so sometimes rock and a hard place. Also, many Providers prefer pre-trip interest, but with many of us who don't check the board often, we find out about the arrival long after plans have been cancelled due to low interest, etc.

Also, it's tough in B/CS because with all the A&M events from time to time, I would think a place to call home base would be tough, although it seems they are building a hotel Notel here every other day!

As far as selection, I prefer independents now who have e-mail and are at least willing to send or direct you to picture links. Plus, a cell with VM is always a good thing. If I'm serious, I'm calling you.

Have had nothing but heartbreak with agency, no more.

My two cents.
:-)