"Facebook" changes it's name to "Meta"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-scandals.html

This is an interesting read. Facebook is changing it's name to "Meta", where it plans on branching out to do more than social media. The article explains it better than I can.

My thoughts:
Are people really not aware that Facebook does this stuff, with it's "tailored-to-you" experiences?
Data on the internet is stored forever!
Cookies are saved and shared with other sites, that's why you see advertisements for things that might "interest you" based on your age, race, gender and previous searches wherever you find yourself on the internet.

Some people are swearing off of social media because of this facebook scandal (but I'm also seeing them talk about it on social media, so are they really? ).

What are your thoughts on the new platform that strives to be more than just social media, and distance itself from the idea that it's been lying about basically everything?

"The term 'metaverse' can refer to digital spaces, which are made more lifelike by the use of virtual reality or augmented reality."

Is it worth hanging around on a platform that is trying to disguise the fact that it has been misleading it's users towards extremist content by simply changing it's name?

Perhaps an even bigger question weighing on my mind is, why would we want to experience "lifelike" digital reality, when real life still exists?

I love video games, I love technology. But I hesitate at virtual reality, or augmented reality. Reality, in my mind, does not need to be enhanced.

Would be curious for other's thoughts on this
Reality is good, even when it isnt...
In Hebrew, "meta" is the word meaning "death".
just say "no"

they killed some of the G3 in my area

so I got me a new G4 flip phone

soooo screen is to small for the social sites