Vets anywhere? Sick feline :(

My cat has a couple of things wrong. She can't meow any longer. She won't eat, barely drinks. Her left eye is swollen and it gets gunky (?) The vet I took her to said it was an abscessed tooth but nothing about her inability to meow or how bad she's beginning to smell. Then wanted 420 bucks. I looked everything up that they put on the print out. It should be less than 200. I'm worried she needs some help 😔 I miss her talking alllll the time and playing in my hair. She just lays there. I just want someone who can help that won't goudge or maybe barter.
Sorry to hear about your cat. Hopefully she'll get better. I can recommend going to Sunset Boulevard Animal Hospital - they're open 24 hours and very professional!

https://sunsetanytime.com/
24hr animal clinics are VERY EXPENSIVE!!!!
I know...dehydrated cat overnight $800!!!
Northlinevet.com
Most Petsmart locations
Yep, sounds like a bad tooth.
Unfortunately she didn’t make it, I was txing with her yesterday morning and was still pretty upset over losing her little feline friend.
Very, very sad....they are family!!
My cat has a couple of things wrong. She can't meow any longer. She won't eat, barely drinks. Her left eye is swollen and it gets gunky (?) Originally Posted by eveonastick
Lesson (tough one): When cats quit eating (or hesitate over food) the food they've previously enjoyed it's usually because they can't smell and if they can't smell the food they don't know if it's good for them to eat or not. That's usually the first sign of a "problem" ... then it surfaces in swelling and discharge. Anti-biotics is almost mandatory, but "force" feeding them and providing them with water with a syringe is just mandatory even when taking anti-biotics until they get their "smellers" back.

BTW cats instinctively (in the wild too) drink MOVING water, unless it is a source (bowl) with which they are familiar AND THE BOWL IS FREE OF DEBRIS. You can gently shake the bowl of water and let them see it move (moving water in streams is safer to drink than water standing still (stagnant)! They "know" that!).

Next time you have a problem start with the Harris County animal control "wellness" clinic (unless you live in Houston city limits). Get rabies and other shots, a medical/ID chip inserted in them, and some "evaluations" .. if not samples/low cost meds to treat your pets. I've paid 1/10th there of what a reasonable vet would charge. But you have to register your pet anyway!
Aww sorry for the loss of your feline friend.

For those reading this in Galveston County or for future reference, this is a good low cost clinic:

http://www.animalalliancetx.org/

~

~
I’m sorry I’m too late on this one. Forest West Animal Clinic saved my animals life and they were dirt cheap. They actually care and will work with you on price.
Me too, sorry, hope it’s not in vain, definitely worth a visit to Dr White at vet clinic intersection of Wilcrest @ Briar Forest, very affordable, he’s been in business since forever old school practitioner, gentle with pets as is staff. If he can’t fix it, it can’t be fixed.
Briarcrest Veterinary
Clinic, Inc. Been at same location for 30 years, I too take my loved ones (pets) to Dr White