Pardon our Opinions, Sir.

THIS IS ABOUT PRICING COMMENTS

In reading posts in the Independent Provider Reviews, we consistently see comments on the prices the providers charge.
Comments that complain of high pricing are heavily discouraged by the man...
Comments on what a low life whore she must be because she only charges X amount seem to be supported by, or at least, not commented on by the man...

Do we actually have the option to speak freely about our opinion on pricing and services....or is that a delusion...?

Any comments to get this out on the table can only help.

With all due respect...

If you can't afford it move on, we don't want to hear your gripe about the pricing. Move along. Originally Posted by mojojo213
Your post may be part of the problem rather than the solution.

Excepting you...No one said anything about not being able to afford it.
May I point out, you have no idea of the income of the people you are moderating.

This is not a case of "CANT AFFORD IT"
It is a case of "NOT STUPID ENOUGH TO PAY IT"

Hear this crap all the time in strip clubs from GPS dancers...they last a month like that.

This comment could be construed as a slur on the ability of the common ECCIE Hobbiest's income and without that income they may not post their opinion.

When you say "We don't want to hear" are you talking about the official ECCIE position on price discussions...? Or is that just a group you know that is OK with high prices..?

There is obviously some concerns over high prices among the hobbiests..probably a lot more would post if free speech were available...or they felt it would not be a conflict with the mods.

Then again...it is your board, as a mod you can stifle or promote any threADs you wish...

Again, pardon my disagreement with your post.

If more hobbiest were not flamed/stepped on by mods for their opinions on high dollar pricing, what would the prices be today...?

Just my $0.02.:mfr_lo l:
L8r
r9
Say what you want to say, and fuck anyone who wants to stop you...just my opinion...
Very timely and interesting thread.....let's see whether discussion about this "topic" is going to be stifled or promoted....
I can feel it coming in the air of night.... oh Lord. -Phil Collins

I hate to say it but I'd have to agree with WU on this one.

fuck my life.
THIS IS ABOUT PRICING COMMENTS

In reading posts in the Independent Provider Reviews, we consistently see comments on the prices the providers charge.
Comments that complain of high pricing are heavily discouraged by the man...
Comments on what a low life whore she must be because she only charges X amount seem to be supported by, or at least, not commented on by the man...

Do we actually have the option to speak freely about our opinion on pricing and services....or is that a delusion...?

Any comments to get this out on the table can only help.

With all due respect...

Your post may be part of the problem rather than the solution.

Excepting you...No one said anything about not being able to afford it.
May I point out, you have no idea of the income of the people you are moderating.

It is a case of "NOT STUPID ENOUGH TO PAY IT"

Hear this crap all the time in strip clubs from GPS dancers...they last a month like that.

This comment could be construed as a slur on the ability of the common ECCIE Hobbiest's income and without that income they may not post their opinion.

When you say "We don't want to hear" are you talking about the official ECCIE position on price discussions...? Or is that just a group you know that is OK with high prices..?

There is obviously some concerns over high prices among the hobbiests..probably a lot more would post if free speech were available...or they felt it would not be a conflict with the mods.

Then again...it is your board, as a mod you can stifle or promote any threADs you wish...

Again, pardon my disagreement with your post.

If more hobbiest were not flamed/stepped on by mods for their opinions on high dollar pricing, what would the prices be today...?

Just my $0.02.:mfr_lo l:
L8r
r9 Originally Posted by rhino9
Rhino 9 # 1 rule never, never,never discuss money! Sounds like you have a personal issue with Mojo. Do men always have to complain about $$$ If you see a price that you feel is too high/low then shop around. Every woman has the right to choose her price range. Maybe you should of just put this in the men's area.

Ps Mojo : You are kind of a meanie! One day I am going to suck the nice out of you!

Alyssa
I can feel it coming in the air of night.... oh Lord. -Phil Collins

I hate to say it but I'd have to agree with WU on this one.

fuck my life. Originally Posted by Luxury Daphne
Yes, there are some on here that have that "DONT GIVE A FUCK" attitude.

There are many more that clearly don't...

I agree w/ WU as well...
It is a case of "NOT STUPID ENOUGH TO PAY IT" Originally Posted by rhino9
I think this is the kind of bullshit that's trying to be discouraged. We each have our tastes, preferences and hobby budgets. Some guys are okay with going to Outback. Some would rather get a steak at Tony's. You can sit there and whine about how its still just a cut of beef served on a plate, and opine that us guys who pay so much at Tony's are just encouraging all steakhouses to charge more, but it just makes you look like an asshole.

Bottom-line, if you want Outback, go to Outback. Nobody's judging you. But if we want to eat at Tony's, we're supposed to apologize? Try to barter them down to Outback prices? It's okay for you to judge us? Grow up. If you don't want to pay Tony's prices, don't. And the douchey comments about it on reviews contribute nothing to the conversation.
It's all relative; mods are old fat dirty bastards so everthing looks like a bargain. But if you're a younger bud then the prices are ridiculous compare to the quality. Sometime I wish i'm an old fat fart to get more Bang $$$ Some women may think they are all lexus quality but when was the last time they'd stepped on a scale or looked in a mirror?
The pricing discussion has been beaten to death already. That's why there's a sticky about rates in the National forum, http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=298291. That could be the reason why people don't want to hear about it...again.

Comments/personal opinions about pricing I have no problem with. I see them all the time in my reviews, so it's nothing new to me.

However, I have a problem with this statement right here.

It is a case of "NOT STUPID ENOUGH TO PAY IT" Originally Posted by rhino9
I may be wrong, but it seems to me you are saying every hobbiest that pays over X amount for pussy is just plain stupid. Reading through that review comment again, it also sounds like you are saying nobody should pay a higher rate, and those that do are getting "ripped off".

Nobody really knows the income levels of hobbiests here. At the same time, you don't know the reasons why some people hobby and what they are looking for when they choose a provider. It's one thing to express an opinion and say "too much for me" or "I would never pay that much". It's another thing to try and force your opinions and philosophy onto everyone else because we are not all here for the exact same reasons.

I never really understood the purpose of pricing comments in reviews. Is it an attempt to control the market and drive prices down? If so, you need to understand that eccie is just a small percentage of the entire hobbiest community. Some guys choose to pay more for various reasons, and they are happy. Other guys choose to pay less and seem to be just as happy. What is the problem here??
Thanks ender...

Your opinions on who looks like an asshole are noted...and of course, are yours to hold dear, others have different opinions on who is an asshole and whether they prefer Outback or Tony's. Everyone has an opinion.

No one is whining, we are stating our opinions on price and value...if not done in the review, how would one connect to the provider, the valuable opinions of others...even if they are unlike your opinion.

No one is asking for apologies from anyone.
You liked it or did not like it, you paid what you said. Thats fine.
Don't ask to be protected from your peers opinions...They might help you....

No one is suggesting you barter, that goes without saying...This aint Tonys. (incidentally, they will barter in the wine cellar...if you can speak the language)

Hopefully, you agree that an opinion on pricing is comparable to an opinion on beauty.
No mod seems to comment if one say a provider is a stunning beauty, or fugly enough to knock a buzzard off a corpse wagon.

Really, this is about your first sentence...
One cannot discourage one point of value and have a level playing field of evaluation.

Some seem to think these evaluations are skewed...

One might note that even the ladies with NO recommendations are still charging Tony's rates....

So maybe you are really eating at Burger King, but just paying for Tony's...
And your peers here cannot tell you because that is discouraged...

If the BOTTOM LINE comment was meant as a pun, you are indeed a cunning linguist, perhaps not so much with finances.

Try some less expensive restaurants, one will find that they can be very comparable to Tonys...and other high dollar places. Makes the hobby budget last longer too.

I think this is the kind of bullshit that's trying to be discouraged. We each have our tastes, preferences and hobby budgets. Some guys are okay with going to Outback. Some would rather get a steak at Tony's. You can sit there and whine about how its still just a cut of beef served on a plate, and opine that us guys who pay so much at Tony's are just encouraging all steakhouses to charge more, but it just makes you look like an asshole.

Bottom-line, if you want Outback, go to Outback. Nobody's judging you. But if we want to eat at Tony's, we're supposed to apologize? Try to barter them down to Outback prices? It's okay for you to judge us? Grow up. If you don't want to pay Tony's prices, don't. And the douchey comments about it on reviews contribute nothing to the conversation. Originally Posted by enderwiggin
Thanks ender...

Your opinions on who looks like an asshole are noted...and of course, are yours to hold dear, others have different opinions on who is an asshole and whether they prefer Outback or Tony's. Everyone has an opinion. Originally Posted by rhino9
Indeed. In fact, most of my favorite posters here are assholes.

No one is whining, we are stating our opinions on price and value...if not done in the review, how would one connect to the provider, the valuable opinions of others...even if they are unlike your opinion. Originally Posted by rhino9
Its called voting with your wallet. If no one calls when a lady prices herself at "x", she'll make adjustments or she won't. Maybe she doesn't want 900 swinging dicks calling her for appointments, so she intentionally sets her price above average. There are many, many factors that go into valuing a product -- and the prevailing market is only one of them. As with all things, the price says more about the buyer than it does about the seller.

No one is asking for apologies from anyone.
You liked it or did not like it, you paid what you said. Thats fine.
Don't ask to be protected from your peers opinions...They might help you.... Originally Posted by rhino9
I'm not asking for protection, simply observing that the faggy little comments like, "No way! Not at that price!" are stupid and amount to nothing more than background noise. They contribute nothing; all they say is "I wouldn't pay that," with the tacit assumption that anyone gives a sailing shit what you would or wouldn't do with your money.

No one is suggesting you barter, that goes without saying...This aint Tonys. (incidentally, they will barter in the wine cellar...if you can speak the language) Originally Posted by rhino9
Good to know. Though I think that is what you're inferring. Your previous comment to the effect of, "What would happen if we could voice our opinions about these prices? Would they go down?" certainly lends the tone that your overall objective is to affect the market downwards.

Hopefully, you agree that an opinion on pricing is comparable to an opinion on beauty.
No mod seems to comment if one say a provider is a stunning beauty, or fugly enough to knock a buzzard off a corpse wagon.

Really, this is about your first sentence...
One cannot discourage one point of value and have a level playing field of evaluation.

Some seem to think these evaluations are skewed...

One might note that even the ladies with NO recommendations are still charging Tony's rates....

So maybe you are really eating at Burger King, but just paying for Tony's...
And your peers here cannot tell you because that is discouraged... Originally Posted by rhino9
I think we're talking about two different things here. You seem to be talking about Provider X who charges $200, but gets a review where a guy pays $300. If you feel the altruistic need to inform him that her rate is usually $200, by all means. For my part, I could care less. If he wants to leave $100 tips on $20 tabs, that's his prerogative.

What I'm talking about is Provider X who charges $200 and Provider Y who charges $300. In this case, when you remark that the guy could have seen Provider X and saved a hundred bucks, you're being a bitch. When you remark that, you wouldn't pay $300 to see Provider Y, you're being a bitch. When you remark that Provider Y isn't worth $300, you're being an asshole. In more polite terms, you're imposing your values on someone elses choices. Fuck off.

If the BOTTOM LINE comment was meant as a pun, you are indeed a cunning linguist, perhaps not so much with finances.

Try some less expensive restaurants, one will find that they can be very comparable to Tonys...and other high dollar places. Makes the hobby budget last longer too. Originally Posted by rhino9
I have and still do. I have always had a penchant for trolling BP and sifting through lot lizards of questionable quality, as a quick look at my reviews would inform you. Call it cleansing my hooker palate. I also like me some fine dining. I agree, sometimes I've paid Tony's prices for Outback. My reviews reflect that and the lesson is learned. Sometimes I've paid Tony's prices for Tony's -- and in those cases the pissy remarks about the pricetag are just fucking annoying.
Ugh!!! Cheap bastards!!! This topic is as old as NBA policies and Fat Chick comments....where is a Face Palm when you need one??
There are some people that think im not worth what i get paid
one man's Outback is another man's Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.
In reading posts in the Independent Provider Reviews, we consistently see comments... Originally Posted by rhino9
Who is "we"?

If you don't like the "pricing comments" then don't read them .... if you think someone pays too much then ... think it ..... if you think a lady charges too much for her time .... then don't spend any time with her .... "we" all have our standards and for the most part they are different .... and for the most part they will continue to be different .....

.. and then there are those "God's Gifts" to women that believe ....

.... they shouldn't have to pay for ANYTHING.

But isn't it wonderful that for the most part we like different things?