Amazing Restaurants to Try

Give me your recommendations!
I love Steak, Tex-Mex, Italian and Japanese.
Also a good buffet is stupendous as well.
I have read some food reviews, but not everything is told there
So I'm looking for personal opinions.
Thank you!

Steak
Estância Churrascaria
a Brazillian steakhouse, not cheap but they will bring you food til you are ready to bust. basically a buffet and they bring whatever meat to your table and carve it for you.

Flemings, Truluck's, McCormick & Schmick's also pricey but very good.
The Texas Roadhouse is a less expensive but good option.

Tex Mex
Chuy's
Matts El Rancho
Texican Cafe
Guerros

A more interior Mexican choice as opposed to Tex Mex is Fonda San Miguel, a great place one of my favorites, I highly recommend.
http://www.fondasanmiguel.com/
Their Sunday brunch is great.

Italian
Maggiano's at the Domain is supposed to be good
http://www.maggianos.com/

Breakfast places
Kerbey Lane Cafe
Magnolia Cafe
The Omelettry
Bavarian Sausage and Nuts.

It's all you can swallow and rates are reasonable.

Trick is to shut the waiter UP.

P.S. Tatonka's recommendations are also noteworthy, add Fogo de Chao as the Rolls Royce of Brazilian Churrascarias.
I love Uncle Julios in downtown austin. French Quarter Grill off 35 and Parmer is very good.
Lupe Tortillas' in the Domain. Everything is good but have the Fire Shrimp. Bacon wrapped and covered in cheese with a dipping sauce of butter and ground red pepper flakes. I could eat 30 of them. Their salsa is fantastic also. I usually eat 2 bowls of salsa and then order the shrimp. Want to rock some good soul food? Rolands in East Austin on 12th st. is great. Ox tails, salisbury steaks, fried chicken, smothered pork chops, greens, black eyed peas and a lot of other options. It's a dive but I've eaten there a lot and have never had a problem. And, they have cherry Kool-aid so sweet you can feel the cavity starting before you leave. Be prepared to take a nap though. Enjoy.
Italian tratoria on south side:
Www.madolas.com
Oh, in the mood for BBQ? Stiles Switch BBQ on N Lamar. Right next to the Yellow Rose. Best brisket I've had in Austin and there is no hour long line. Maybe 20-30 minutes depending on when you go. Get the corn casserole, it's so good. If you're real hungry get the beef rib plate. It's about 2 lbs of rib and a bit expensive at about $25 but very good. Again, corn casserole. Yummy. I eat out all the time so any questions, just ask. If you do Stiles Switch though, leave room for desert and stop at Threadgills right down the road and get a piece of buttermilk pie. Even if you think you don't like buttermilk pie try it. it'll change your mind. Side note: many old school artists played at Threadgills such as Janis Joplin and Willie.
Plus 1

Oh, in the mood for BBQ? Stiles Switch BBQ on N Lamar. Right next to the Yellow Rose. Best brisket I've had in Austin and there is no hour long line. Maybe 20-30 minutes depending on when you go. Get the corn casserole, it's so good. If you're real hungry get the beef rib plate. It's about 2 lbs of rib and a bit expensive at about $25 but very good. Again, corn casserole. Yummy. I eat out all the time so any questions, just ask. If you do Stiles Switch though, leave room for desert and stop at Threadgills right down the road and get a piece of buttermilk pie. Even if you think you don't like buttermilk pie try it. it'll change your mind. Side note: many old school artists played at Threadgills such as Janis Joplin and Willie. Originally Posted by nickjaguar
Researching Menus and Pictures of Food on each and making a list! Looks delicious so far!
Adding on El Mercado on Burnet - The queso enchiladas are to die for. Also, Enchiladas Y Mas on Anderson -oh the queso - I'm a cheese hound.

Steak
Estância Churrascaria
a Brazillian steakhouse, not cheap but they will bring you food til you are ready to bust. basically a buffet and they bring whatever meat to your table and carve it for you.

Flemings, Truluck's, McCormick & Schmick's also pricey but very good.
The Texas Roadhouse is a less expensive but good option.

Tex Mex
Chuy's
Matts El Rancho
Texican Cafe
Guerros

A more interior Mexican choice as opposed to Tex Mex is Fonda San Miguel, a great place one of my favorites, I highly recommend.
http://www.fondasanmiguel.com/
Their Sunday brunch is great.

Italian
Maggiano's at the Domain is supposed to be good
http://www.maggianos.com/

Breakfast places
Kerbey Lane Cafe
Magnolia Cafe
The Omelettry Originally Posted by Tatonka
Eddie V's Downtown...Baby Acapulco's off Stone lake Blvd...have their purple margaritas!
  • quzi
  • 07-12-2017, 08:46 PM
Went to Salt and Time (East Austin) recently. Cool place, butcher shop/restaurant. If you're into animal protein, worth checking out.
When will you be in Austin hun?

FYI. Most of the traveling ladies give Ztonk and me a free session. In return Ztonk will offer you Eccie board protection so you won't be pointed. You can post all the ads you want.

I'll make sure that your appointments are set as close as possible, offer you protection from the old fat white dudes and hold the money and keep it safe. Think of me as a business manager.
Lupe Tortillas' in the Domain. Everything is good Originally Posted by nickjaguar
+1
They have other locations around the city. The queso flameado is to die for.

Via313 for amazing pizza. Hopdoddy for fabulous burgers.
ODD DUCK!! I am definitely a foodie and this place is by far my favorite restaurant in town. The menu changes at least once a week as well as the cocktail menu which is crafted for each dish. I don't want to compare it to tapas, Instead it would be like taking a $70 plate and reducing it down to a seven dollar portion. Every single bite is an experience.
Also just a tip, sit at the bar. That's where you get to see the entire show