credit cards

Any providers accept credit cards? If so is it better?

Guys....would you prefer this?
While convenient for both parties, really bad idea. It leaves a paper trail that could be used in a court of law. It exposes the hobbyist to possible blackmail, and fraudulent charges. It exposes the provider to non payment due to dispute with CC company.
I agree with the stink, cash is king.
  • Loxly
  • 01-09-2014, 07:11 AM
An alternative might be to use a re-load card. But even then you'd want to purchase it with cash to kill the paper trail. You'd also need time to verify the funds get on your card.
I guess I was targeting this question for possibly people I have an established relationship with whom I known will not be drama.

Just wanted opinions
I'm yet to thing of any benefits on using credit cards. It doesn't work for me, that I know.
Not to mention the IRS can see what's coming in.....(no pun intended.....)
How about BitCoins??? I'm not familair enough with the new technology, but would think that if doing away with cash how would BitCoins be as an option? I've already seen a provider in SA offeri ng to accept.
I have a square and accept Visa & MasterCard at times, but not often. I've had it for almost a year now and only had one dispute (2 months after the session). Since the dispute, I do ask for a license to prove it's not a stolen card if I haven't seen the client before.
I have one regular that pays with a credit card (almost weekly) and have had no problems.
I also have another regular that actually brings a prepaid 'Vanilla' Visa gift card. There is a cost when buying the cards ($4.99, for some), but they are a better idea than accepting credit cards to.
I am a Dallas gal... looking to travel to Austin once a month or so this coming year. I do accept cc's and have zero problems.

I have the cc processing set up for another legit side biz, and is convenient for some of my regulars. I personally prefer ca$h, but the money is usually in my bank account in one to two biz days, which works for me! (Processing fees is usually about $10 each transaction with the square or Go payment (Intuit) so I usually charge a slight up charge for the cc convenience.
Candence which one do you use?
I know that this is a thread about credit cards, but just had to throw in this question --

Wonder if PayPal would be an alternative?
I had a recent business transaction via PayPal payment request, so set up an account. It was painless, surprisingly. The paper trail worries me, too.

Any of you savvy financiers have words of advice on this topic? Please share! :-)
  • onei
  • 01-09-2014, 01:21 PM
Everything I've used paypal for I've WANTED the paper trail. Just my take.
I guess I was targeting this question for possibly people I have an established relationship with whom I known will not be drama.

Just wanted opinions Originally Posted by Daddys Girl
In that scenario I can see a benefit to avoid having to hit an ATM. But for me it's always cash.