Chat feature

• earch
  • 11-29-2016, 08:42 PM
Do you have to be a premium member to use the chat feature?

Thanks in advance
No.
to the best of my knowledge, the chat feature does not work. not for anyone, at any time
Works for me. You have to wait a minute or two for it to load.
works for me as well
does not work for me at all

I suspect it is because I access eccie with a mobile device

So who can you chat with? anyone who is also logged in to chat? tell us more about how it works for you?
ECCIE members anywhere they have a connection. I have never booked an appointment through there, but I am certain that it happens/ Click on chat ........ I see a black blank screen. Click your mouse in the center of the screen ......... for me it turns white and then black and I get the notice that that it is loading. SOMETIMES I have to exit and repeat those steps but it does work and I am not a premium member.
Tried it a number of times several years ago.Some thoughts on it - Its pretty chaotic when there's 20-30 people posting all at the same time and there are multiple conversations going on. It's also Texas-centric, with most if those conversing from Dallas or Houston, with some Oklahoma thrown in. One time I was somewhat involved in a conversation and was asked where I was. When I said NM, it was pretty much crickets. Both providers and mongers are on. During the course of the chatting, you can have private conversations with other people who are in on the Chat. Would have been more fun had I been Dallas-based. I don't participate anymore because there didn't seem to be anything in it for me, and these are my thoughts from then. I don't know if it's changed at all then, circa 2012/2013.