holiday plans

So what is everyone planning for the holidays? do you have any family traditions?
Well thanks for asking sugar! As soon as I get back from this gawd awful tour in Tulsa, I will have a baby girl with open arms waiting to see me along with my parents.

From there I will go to the pain clinic, then home to unpack lol.

I plan on taking it easy until the 3rd and enjoying the holidays in all their glory. Have family coming in, and a few Christmas parties for my real job to attend plus one for our class at school.

I am cooking this year so I am betting there will be a lot of left overs lol. Nah, actually I am a pretty darn good cook.
im working unfortunately
One New Year's Eve tradition that I used to love to do was have a firecracker war. We would split up into two teams and find a nice secluded area and have at it. It would get kinda dangerous. We had someone get hit in the face with a roman candle once. He might have lost his eye if he wasn't wearing goggles. I've never joined the military but those expericance are about the closest to warfare I've had. Those days are gone but I sure miss the excitment.
Christmas has always been a holiday at my parents house. When they passed, it became a holiday at my SO's parents' house.

Now, the SO's brother has co-opted both Tgiving and Xmas to his house. Far as I'm concerned, that isn't Tgiving or Xmas. The real holiday is at the parents' house. So, I'm pissed. And so is the SO. Both of us want to continue the tradition at the parents' house. It's not really the holiday at the brother's house.
I have a family tradition of pissing people off so they will leave. Not that I don't like family visitors, but if they stay more than a few hours I consider them as squatters.
I am cooking ham/homemade mac & cheese/deviled eggs/baked beans/and chocolate cake with poormans icing...yummmmmmmmmmmmm

I have my kids & 5 month old grndbaby coming over...gonna be so much fun with a little baby to spoil{lol}!!!!

After lunch,we will walk to the french market

have a great one everyone!!!!!!!!!!!
Well for XMas, I usually go over to a good friends house for the day. Really can't wait for New Year's Eve. Usually ring in the New Year with my favorite ATF provider.
Spending time with my godchild then off to see my grandmother.
It's all about the Grandkids now. I have two Grandaughters, age 8-9, and my main goal in life is to spoil them.

We used to have huge familly gatherings, but since my Wife passed away almost 13 years ago, I don't care for big familly get togethers. Too much drama.

I would rather just spemd some time with yhe Grandkids.
Since pretty much all my family is passed, I'll be spending mine with the in-laws.

Unfortunately this includes my wife's 4 nephews, who can destroy a house quicker than an entire army !

Maybe I can find a quiet corner somewhere where I can enjoy my annual gift of new boxer briefs !
Usually have a house full of family and grandkids, pretty much the same plans this year as well, then traveling out of state to visit with family there until the new year pops in! Sure like having the grandkids here though, it seems to bring out the young in me again every time! LOL!
Merry Christmas All!
Do as I do on Thanksgiving..... eat at my mom's house with my immediate family..... bounce to my grammy's and collect money and gifts along the way.
Spending it will my Family =>

Happy Holidays Everyone,

Safire Sweet
mine is having my children putting baby jesus out christmas eve and making cookies