Daughter of Random Thoughts

Some suggestions Skave

Medical nonfiction

When breath becomes air. The story of a young Dr who develops lung cancer. Absolutely brilliant writing. Very deep and poignant.

the Emperor of all Maladies. History of our fight against cancer. Disappointment after disappointment until finally we begin making progress. Very good and you will learn a lot.

Fantasy

If you want to read a great fantasy series read Robert Jordan’s The Wheel of Time...first book is The Eye of the World. If you do not want to devote the time to reading 13 books 800-900 plus pages long, you can watch the TV adaptation which will be coming out on Amazon soon. It should be good as it has a bigger budget than Game of Thrones on HBO.
Saw this posted somewhere and thought this applies so well to SW and life in general. Positivity goes a long way.

- Work HARD
- Put effort into your looks
- Have a positive attitude
- Release content consistently
- Stay out of petty drama
- Diversify your platforms
- Promote yourself on social media
- Save and invest wisely
- Treat business like BUSINESS
An oldie gut Goodie if you like historical fiction
Captain from Castile...Spanish conquistadors, Noble family vs the Inquisition, Cortez. Sweeping Love story

Tremendous Roman series by Colleen McCullough
First book is The First Man of Rome
Starts with Gaius Marius through Lucius Sulla on to Caesar, Pompey the Great, Marc Anthony etc. it is very well done. The chapters start with a historical letter written by a character in the story and the chapters fill in the details. It really is incredible.
Another great author (I've read just about everything he's written) is Jeff Shaara. Writes historically based fiction about the wars that the US has fought in. I learned more about the Revolutionary War and Civil War than I thought I ever would. Makes it interesting on top of it. Have a hard time putting him down.
Agree on Shaara
You learn something new everyday
Can’t believe they banned my boy Johnsson. Smdh...

Apparently I'm not as bad at hitting balls as I thought I was.
Hitting, licking, sucking, caressing, fondling, handling

You are a master at them all !
Well Doc I guess you got the response we all assumed you would get!! Basically up yours!! 🤷♂️
Crickets.
Crickets. Originally Posted by Rockydoc
Did you expect anything different??
Honestly, no, but for her sake I had hoped She would have been able to see how being a better person would help her in the end. I think everyone can become better, but she
Chose not to. I feel sorry for her.
Move on folks....
Yeah, that topic has run its course, but why did you have to post the above? This is a thread where anything goes. Have we broken any rules? It just seems like you are protecting her for some reason. I never understand why a mod would do that.