REduced LE anti-Hobby effort in Houston?

I get the sense that many LEOs are stepping back from pro-active policing activities.

Has that affected the anti-Hobby efforts any?

There was a radio story this morning that suggested an resurgence of SW activity along the I-45 corridor between Bellaire and Park Place.

Any truth to that?
In my area...libral CA, they are ramping up. We had two prostitution stings to bust adults this week.

Houston is obviously a long way away, I suspect it will ebb and flow. Just like anything, when something gets too busy start laying low.
I get the sense that many LEOs are stepping back from pro-active policing activities.

Has that affected the anti-Hobby efforts any?

There was a radio story this morning that suggested an resurgence of SW activity along the I-45 corridor between Bellaire and Park Place.

Any truth to that? Originally Posted by ICU 812

Heard that.
Funny as hell!
Back in March, I guessed that with all the lockdowns, lay-offs and furloughs there would be more newbie providers entering the Hobby World.

Has anyone noticed that?
My officer friends I talk to have all collectively told me that because of COVID they are doing as little as possible interacting with the public unless you do something incredibly stupid. That just what I have heard. Just driving around I never see them making any traffic stops or really doing any proactive police work. Honestly I really don’t blame them either.
Back in March, I guessed that with all the lockdowns, lay-offs and furloughs there would be more newbie providers entering the Hobby World.

Has anyone noticed that? Originally Posted by ICU 812
I disagree. In fact, I would argue the opposite. It seems to me, the stimulus checks, PPP loans, all have increased the money supply. At the same Time, providers have received an extra $600 (now $300) in unemployment which has met her $$$ needs. In reality, this has increased the supply of hobby $$$ and decreased the supply of providers which has caused rates to go up.

I know one business owner who put two providers/SB on his payroll so he could use his PPP to fund his hobby activities.

I suspect after the election stimulus $$$ will go away and then you might be right, but for now all I see is less providers and rising prices.
In the past week Missouri City and Fort Bend have both had bust. Everyone is after the Federal human trafficking money
In the north end the sheriff office and constables have ramped up enforcement because of the huge increase of activity in the area. Im pro working girl but it is getting out go control in the burbs. its so blatant the wives and karens are complaining and it ruins if for the patrons.
In the past week Missouri City and Fort Bend have both had bust. Everyone is after the Federal human trafficking money Originally Posted by Ms. Athena
^^^^^This...
Never underestimate the power of the $. I’ve been telling y'all this for years. Anti trafficking organizations are money makers. They perpetuate an idea and they need busts to keep that revenue stream alive. Big city LE departments get federal and private money...as long as they are showing results. It's a viscious cycle.

Now, there is something to be said for the current climate. No cop wants to be the next news headline and accordingly are probably avoiding as much contact as possible whether it's Covid related or public sentiment related.
  • Owj
  • 09-21-2020, 07:02 AM
On the west side I have seen an increase in traffic stops and more units on the roads lately.
There are fewer patrol vehicles in the “track” area, and more working girls than I have seen in a very long time. For those who want BBBJ, be advised that condom usage now seems to be 100%. (A well-done CBJ, with a high-quality condom, and a bit of lube inside the condom, can be quite nice, and will get me through these interesting times, until I can establish ongoing GFE ATF.)

Thread drift warning: Most of these street-walking girls are quite clean, Even in the summer heat, and well-spoken, without pimps hovering closely about. Some were dancers, during the time the GCs were closed.

I have some acquaintances among LEOs. At the patrol level, they are shorter-staffed, and seem to be minimizing self-initiated activities. Vice is probably still doing the anti-human-trafficking, so, follow the usual wisdom about not getting caught in a sting,
No let up in Dallas. The cops here have been harrassing the few spas they haven't busted, intimidating them with ID checks, warnings, letters to property owners.

Meanwhile, violent crime is up 30% this year.