Texans WIN!

It wasn't an easy victory for the Texans. It was far from their best game. But teams that make the playoffs, win games when they are not playing their best!

A WIN is a WIN! The Texans are 2-0 and in 1st place!

As for Jerry Jones and his wayward Cowpokes, this ones for you!
  • Trey
  • 09-19-2010, 06:15 PM
Yep we see them boys next week hope we keep both streaks alive.
It wasn't an easy victory for the Texans. It was far from their best game. But teams that make the playoffs, win games when they are not playing their best! Originally Posted by bigtex
Agreed. Championship teams find ways to win and stay with it until the last bell. Helluva win!!
Yep we see them boys next week hope we keep both streaks alive. Originally Posted by trey
I agree. The only thing better than the Cowboys starting off the season 0-3 would be for the Texans to be 3-0!
Let's just hope Andre and Matt aren't too banged up to play next week.
THE NEW LUV Ya BLUE
STEEL BLUE.
Congrats Texan on a hard fought VICTORY
The two wins have been great, but damn both of those games were tough on your blood pressure!
they really surprised me.

come back, no choke and win in overtime?

this may BE a different team.
They played with a lot of confidence on offense. 526 yds. of total offense. That includes Turk's -30 at the end of regulation. They were still able to run the ball when they wanted, which was good to see, the circumstances just dictated throwing.
Defense needs to tighten things up a bit. Kareem Jackson got smoked yesterday but I bet he learns a lot from that game. He was up against some wiley veterans in McNabb, Moss and Galloway.

I'm an LSU fan so I've gotta say Laron Landry played one hell of a game. He left it all on the field.
The Texans may be for real this year. It's just two games, too early to tell, but the way they won wasn't like the games they won last year. They seem to have a grasp of things this year and feel a sense of urgency to become a contender and also keep Kubiak their head coach. I'm liking it. Let's hope they keep it up!

The Cowboys look like shit this year. Phillips may be gone by mid-season.

Reliant Stadium is gonna be ROCKIN' next Sunday.
This is why this franchise will never go anywhere.

You keep worrying about the Cowboys.
  • bbkid
  • 09-20-2010, 02:15 PM
Am I the only one who has a problem with how Kubiak called for that time out just as that kid was kicking that field goal for the Redskins???

Was it legal? Yes. Was it right? Not in my opinion.

Nobody came out to protest so I'm sure it was legal but, imho, not morally right by no stretch.

But, I'm a baseball guy - what the hell am I talking about.
He learned that form Shanahan.
This is why this franchise will never go anywhere.

You keep worrying about the Cowboys. Originally Posted by Rambro Creed
Right. We actually only care about Dallas once every four years, when they show up on our schedule. Otherwise, it's Indy we worry about.

Now taking a certain amount of satisfaction from watching the Yankees of the NFL fail... That's just every rational football fan's God-given right! How does 0-2 feel?

Am I the only one who has a problem with how Kubiak called for that time out just as that kid was kicking that field goal for the Redskins???

Was it legal? Yes. Was it right? Not in my opinion. Originally Posted by bbkid
Not at all. Icing the kicker is pretty typical football gamesmanship. You see it at every level; we did it on my high school team. If a kicker makes it to the pros and can be rattled by a pretty standard tactic, he has no place in the pros.
I never worried about Indy....because Texans seemed to have their number last few years. It has never been a ridiculous blowup since the trade of David Carr. We seemed to have lost games due to prevent defense (zone) and weak offensive coordinating.

Just need more creative plays to ensure we never get in red zone and walk away with 3 points. and the bonehead missing 47 yarders....come on....only job is to kick the ball. Why he won starting job with Chris Brown has put up about 200 field goals in Texas career...and missed like 5.