The "I can't live without you" drama...

Ladies,
Suppose you have a regular that starts dropping threats to harm or kill himself if you don't leave the hobby. He's well off enough financially to "take care" of you and get you out of the business but...

What do you do? How would you handle it?
Stop seeing him?
Alert other providers?
Cave in and allow yourself to be controlled by someone who is obviously not all there?

NOTE:
This discussion is NOT about me or any of my hobby friends. Just pondering.
If Cando doesn't leave the hobby I am going to lock myself in the closet and eat bonbons all day until I puke.
I would hand him the gun and say see ya. It is a fact that anyone who REALLY wants to off themselves, wouldnt threaten it. They would just do it. I was married once, to big money, and no amount in the world is worth the hell of being with anyone with mental/psych issues. it is quite obviously this person would have issues if that is their means of trying to get a relationship together. I would also consider letting proper authorities know of his intentions to do harm (would leave out the part about "if you don't leave the hobby") so he could get any psychological help needed since there is that chance he would end up be a threat to my own safety.
I would then clench my buttcheeks and prepare for his possible game of "slam you all over eccie in a sad attempt to ruin your business and make my little pea mind feel better" drama.
Now- if he was a nice guy who I could see myself with on a long term basis and he simply asked me if I would quit, instead of demanding it, I would consider it. But nothing good can come out of a relationship in which one was forced to be a part of.
Stop seeing him immediately! That's called emotional blackmail and I want NO part of that! If he is willing to harm himself in that situation, things will only get worse!
  • T-Can
  • 04-22-2011, 08:34 AM
If Cando doesn't leave the hobby I am going to lock myself in the closet and eat bonbons all day until I puke. Originally Posted by monkmonk

Come out of that closet, monk, because I feel I have little time left in the hobby...........

And to answer the question, TexAss, every situation and person is different. Not every one is batshit crazy all the time but sometimes we lose it for a reason we can't understand but could be understood if it is talked over if both are understanding. (makes sense to me, not sure of others)
I would marry his ass because OBVIOUSLY he loves me! Yeah right... Run as fast as you can. That situation will only get worse.
Before you all start making funny stories, go read the alert from Ashlee Summers where a regular client had her over, tied her up and told her he was going to rape her for hours and then kill himself.

And he did just that, killing himself after she was let go.

Nothing to joke about.

The MOMENT someone in our little "hobby" starts mentioning anything along those lines, get as far away as you can.
I would hand him the gun and say see ya. It is a fact that anyone who REALLY wants to off themselves, wouldnt threaten it. They would just do it. Originally Posted by LusciousLacy
Although that is often the case, it is not a fact, or always the case, I know this from personal experience.
I agree whith what has already been said by the lovely ladies, Get the hell ou'ta Dodge
No one works harder for their money than those that marry for it.

And I'm sure you all remember our commrad that blew his head off in a providers garage... Or the 2 that killed their wives... Or the one that raped and killed a provider and her son.

Having been in the exact situation the OP described, I can't tell you squat. I change tactics every time it happens. I've not found one yet that works. Do NOT get involved with someone you met in the hobby. Ever.
And I'm sure you all remember our commrad that blew his head off in a providers garage... Or the 2 that killed their wives... Or the one that raped and killed a provider and her son. Originally Posted by SoftPlaceToLand
Hints my sig line....
... Having been in the exact situation the OP described, I can't tell you squat. I change tactics every time it happens. I've not found one yet that works. Do NOT get involved with someone you met in the hobby. Ever. Originally Posted by SoftPlaceToLand
i agree to a major degree. i would only state it as...

Do NOT get involved with someone you met in the hobby and expect it to be all lovey-dovey without any complications whatsover. Ever. It might work, but if you're willing to accept that risk, go right ahead - EYES WIDE OPEN!
And I'm sure you all remember our commrad that blew his head off in a providers garage... Or the 2 that killed their wives... Or the one that raped and killed a provider and her son.Do NOT get involved with someone you met in the hobby. Ever. Originally Posted by SoftPlaceToLand
So Sad. On the topic itself , can I say run run and run.

Hey Softplace thanks for that silver advice
that's some pondering TA, ha ha.
Of course all the above "run" comments are right on.

I knew a provider, a few years back, who had hobbists falling in "luv" with her regularly. She never said the "L" word back, got disgusted at grown men acting like kids...and once it got past a certain point, she would merely say "Deal with it, now where's my donation."

Lastly, she had this one guy out of Miami, a weathly Cuban-refugee business man, who fell for her. After riding that pony for a year, she finally broke it off. He requested one final meeting. They met at some fancy resort in Southern Mexico...kinda where the rich South Americans go. He refused to end it, despite the fact that she was moving to a place unkown to him (for reasons other than him).

He had a private jet, said he would follow her anywhere. She called his bluff, but just to be on the safe side, she and her G/F booked a flight to the one place he could not
go....Havanna, Cuba. Spent a nice long weekend there...and then on to her new home. This was in the early 90's prior to all this Internet stuff, and he knew her under an alias name.

Believe it or not....but true story.