NCNS's & Cancellations -- Both Sides Can be Guilty-Jut A Little Respect for The Other Person

I just thought I would post a small thread about this situation which seems to arise quite often in the hobby.
I know it has been discussed and gone over before but it seems like it is a subject that is a constant.
In any business the hobby included and maybe more importantly, keeping your appointments is critical to that business surviving.Failure to keep said appt.can make the customer become frustrated with the situation and respond with negative or poor recommendations for that business.
Of course this goes the same for the customer ,failing to come through on your end of the appointment will make the business owner no longer want you as a customer.
Of course the easiest way to avoid any problems is for both parties to honor the commitment made at the time the appointment was made.
If for some reason either party cannot make the scheduled meeting ,then common courtesy dictates that they either call,e-mail or find some other way to contact the other party and let them know they cannot make it.
This should also be done in a timely manner if at all possible.Many customers and providers alike may have to drive a considerable ways to make it to the appointment at the set time.Contacting them five minutes before the session to cancel is not being fair to the other person.Time and gas has been spent not to mention the anticipation of a great encounter is now lost.
For the ladies ,losing that appointment can mean a financial hardship if she is trying to make the monthly payments,etc.
Cancellation calls should be done well before the scheduled meet.No less than an hour before.
There are those rare occasions when an actual emergency does come up that may stop one or the other of the said parties from making the appointment.Take 30 seconds to make a call or an e-mail.We all carry our phones with use and are usually not far from our computers.That couple seconds to inform the other party can keep drama from arising when it shouldn't.In those situations where it is impossible to make that call ,do your best to contact the other person as soon as possible.
Don't forget he or she has been left hanging not knowing what is happening.
We are all in the hobby for our own reasons and canceled or NCNS appointments have got to be one of the worst things to happen to either party.
Well thats my two cents worth.Hope it does a little good.
I guess I've been lucky in that I've never had a full blown NCNS, but the "cancellations" without calling are one of the more frustrating experiences I've encountered. A bit more so in that it doesn't quite seem worth posting on here about a particular girl leaving me high and dry. The more it's happened, the less forgiving I've gotten. I'm still up for one free pass, but after it happens twice, I'd need a good reason to risk wasting my time again.

It seems to be particularly bad this time of year too. Last year I couldn't get a single appointment, scheduled or otherwise to stick during Lent. Finally managed to break the drought on Easter Sunday. It was almost funny.

This year's Lent hasn't been much better. Only one appointment scheduled in advance has actually stuck so far. Half didn't bother to get a hold of me to cancel, they just didn't answer/return/acknowledge my calls to confirm. At least this time around I had backup plans for the backup plans, and hopefully Easter will come through for me again this time.
looiecypher
+1,at the risk of not helping my cause,1st because im new in the business, 2nd because im a provider, 3rd im too young to know jack anyway. I was raised not to be late, in planning my trips i always allow for the unexpected and if its at my incall im always there and waiting. my record for outcalls i have been on time or early for all but one and that one was only late by 5min but was in contact letting client know where i was. now on the other side of the fence in 30 days i had 12 nsnc 15 cancelations due to something came up, 3 I was so tired it was a long day, and my reply to all that called, I understand stuff happens when your ready give me a call and well reschedule. oh well back to the point as I said I agree with every word you wrote, and maybe both sides will realize our word to honor a commitment should be worth something, not just a lot of hot air.
Amen...thank you.....
  • st929
  • 04-03-2010, 01:50 AM
I have only had one bad experience. Scheduled with a highly rated massage provider and took the time off work to go see what all the praise was about. I called as I got near and no answer, then about five minutes before the appt she calls and says her friend was in a car crash and had to go help her. Her promise to call me back and make it up to me never happened. That put me out of it for a while. Just wrong. It cost me half a days leave and I ended up with no where to go and spent the afternoon sipping coffee in a Barnes and Noble.
ok so here's a question for the ladies and gents....i am the same as chelsea in that i am always on time, outcall or incall, and no matter what i will have always had a good shower immediately before, that is just habitual now. my question is that when i do outcall, i am planning on certain times for a reason. if i am talking to a provider and we agree upon being there at x time for a 2 or 3 hour session, and then at x time she says "oh im on my way" but can't really tell you where and at the point of x time + 30 minutes she si still not there....am i in the wrong for saying, thanks but no thanks we agreed on this time and i didn't plan on startin this later and i have other things i need to do tomorrow hence the timing....

i know things happen, but SO many f'ing times i can't even begin to describe someone will agree up and down to be here at x time, and no matter what they are always 45 min to 1 hr 30 mins late....i have had two or three that are punctual and they get tipped well!

so the question remains....am i wrong for doing that? my time is just as valuable as the ladies....i do my best to respect that. i actually had an appt with yoko a wihle back and bc of traffic i was 15 mins late and she said she coudlnt' do the appt, it was a 1 hr drive back home in teh other direction but i smiled and said okay because that was my bad.
htown, I dont feel you are wrong if your provider is 30 min late , the best thing would be to reschedule. that sucks because you, were looking forward to fun and games, and now a big nothing. id be pissed too. if it seems to be a habit with the provider then drop her like a hot potato and shop until you find one you like who can manage her time and be at the play grounds on time. xoxo chelsea
Oops posted on the wrong thread....ha ha
Everybody justs needs to respect everybody's time. Be courteous and let us know if you are running late.
Everybody justs needs to respect everybody's time. Be courteous and let us know if you are running late. Originally Posted by Tara Evans
Looiecypher and Tara hit the nail on the head. It's all a matter of respect. To lack the common courtesy to even bother to pick up the phone and contact the other party shows a complete lack of respect for the other person.

As a provider, it's simply bad business and not very smart. From a hobbyist it's completely disreguarding the value of her time and even her as a person. It's a double whammy for her. She not only loses the revenue for the time period reserved, but also loses the ability to book with someone else.

Why would anyone want to do business with someone that treats them this way? It basically communicates to me: "My time is much more valuable than yours and you don't count enough for me even to spend a minute to call you."

Screw that. I'll take my hard earned dollars elsewhere.
What people don't understand is that people have other things to do with their time. If he or she has a block of time catered just for YOU, respect it. I don't understand what is SO hard about that. If the gentlemen has a tight lunch break, and can only get away for a brief moment, let the man know, so he is not wasting his lunch break driving wherever waiting on you to answer the phone. Afterall he does need to get back to work.

If you call a provider, you don't know what she has planned after you. Maybe more clients, maybe a spa trip, maybe continue to run her errands, but when you do not call to say anything, that puts her schedule behind.
I have a question
What if a client arrives 15-20 minutes late. He called to say he was running late and would be there asap. I told him I had an appt after him so it might be best to reschedule since he would not be getting his full hour. He insists that he still wants to come by and will be out by the original ending time. We do our business and he was over for a total of 35 minutes. Afterwards he asks what my 30 min rate is so he can pay me that much. I DONT have a 30 min rate, and he originally scheduled for an hour. I don't feel as though I should give him a discount!
Side note, REALLY?
Jamie, you are right by what you describe, he owes you for the full hour. even if you didn't have another appt. it would be up to you whether you did the full hour.be nice if you did though.

just my 2 cents
yep, guy should pay the full hour

glad to see i'm not a complete jackass for telling a girl to go home if she's already running that late....i just think its plain wrong....everyone has to manage their time better than that....