50 years ago.........

Did not see that coming down the road at five miles away. Never had an IQ test until 1971...so like most of your opinions...little base in reality. Originally Posted by matchingmole
At that point why bother? I’m sure it was obvious by then. There are no options to increase IQ.
So...on one side of the country we had leftists at Woodstock and on the other side we had the Manson family. Interesting, these fringe people.
And on the other side of the world we had this dumb ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6LR-UJsYRc

A little closer to home.

Joe Cocker had the best performance at Woodstock, just my two cents.

But the topic didn’t last long, one page before members of the trump party began flinging insults. Carry on children
None of what you post is based on reality.
Originally Posted by I B Hankering

Conspiracy Theorist Rancoring

I was home on leave that weekend and saw some hitch-hikers looking for a ride to some place upstate that I had never heard of. I had no idea what was going on. They didn't publicize it much on base.

But the topic didn’t last long, one page before members of the trump party began flinging insults. Carry on children Originally Posted by Jaxson66
The conservatives thought Sha Na Na was the best... all the other bands to progressive. That's how they roll.
So...on one side of the country we had leftists at Woodstock and on the other side we had the Manson family. Interesting, these fringe people. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
And now we have a President with Manson Family Values..
IMO, the Sly and the Family Stone set at Woodstock is the pinnacle of American music.

The Who was pretty good too.
I was home on leave that weekend and saw some hitch-hikers looking for a ride to some place upstate that I had never heard of. I had no idea what was going on. They didn't publicize it much on base. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
I was still recuperating from damned near getting my left leg blown off.

I didn't have much use for the Army, but I had less use for that bunch of dirty shitbags tearing up the pasture at Woodstock.

But I liked the music.
And now we have a President with Manson Family Values.. Originally Posted by matchingmole
you are on a roll!

But the topic didn’t last long, one page before members of the trump party began flinging insults. Carry on children Originally Posted by Jaxson66
I can't read the OP's bullshit, he is on ignore. he will probably troll me after this post, even while I can't see his shit. yeah, the Right on this forum are whining, trolling, insulting cry babies. 80% of the time.. which is a shame, because they can argue a point when they choose to.. but they would rather attack and act like delinquent 7th Graders. old grown men acting like trolling Fools on a Hooker Website.. embarrassing.

anyway, Santana was the best act, IMO.. they tore it up!
  1. "Born on the Bayou" – 5:34
  2. "Green River" – 3:16
  3. "Ninety-Nine and a Half (Won’t Do)" (Steve Cropper, Eddie Floyd, Wilson Pickett) – 4:46
  4. "Bootleg" – 3:38
  5. "Commotion" – 2:48
  6. "Bad Moon Rising" – 2:13
  7. "Proud Mary" – 3:52
  8. "I Put a Spell on You" (Jay Hawkins and Herb Slotkin) – 4:28
  9. "The Night Time Is the Right Time" (Lew Herman) – 3:30
  10. "Keep on Chooglin’" – 10:29
  11. "Suzie Q" (Eleanor Broadwater, Robert Chaisson, Dale Hawkins, and Stan Lewis) – 10:52

Creedence Clearwater Revival -----Looks like a great set...wasn't in the film or Soundtrack...they were on top of their game then...so probably pretty good. "Fortunate Son" reminds me of our current fearless leader.

Some folks are born made to wave the flag
Ooh, they're red, white and blue
And when the band plays "Hail to the chief"
Ooh, they point the cannon at you, Lord
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no senator's son, son
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate one, no
Some folks are born silver spoon in hand
Lord, don't they help themselves, oh
But when the taxman comes to the door
Lord, the house looks like a rummage sale, yes
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no millionaire's son, no
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate one, no
you are on a roll!

I can't read the OP's bullshit, he is on ignore. he will probably troll me after this post, even while I can't see his shit. yeah, the Right on this forum are whining, trolling, insulting cry babies. 80% of the time.. which is a shame, because they can argue a point when they choose to.. but they would rather attack and act like delinquent 7th Graders. old grown men acting like trolling Fools on a Hooker Website.. embarrassing.

anyway, Santana was the best act, IMO.. they tore it up! Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Are you doing your Lucas McCain imitation now? If you can’t stand up to your fraudulent posts, don’t make them. You’re the one throwing a hissy fit. I don’t care.
  1. "Born on the Bayou" – 5:34
  2. "Green River" – 3:16
  3. "Ninety-Nine and a Half (Won’t Do)" (Steve Cropper, Eddie Floyd, Wilson Pickett) – 4:46
  4. "Bootleg" – 3:38
  5. "Commotion" – 2:48
  6. "Bad Moon Rising" – 2:13
  7. "Proud Mary" – 3:52
  8. "I Put a Spell on You" (Jay Hawkins and Herb Slotkin) – 4:28
  9. "The Night Time Is the Right Time" (Lew Herman) – 3:30
  10. "Keep on Chooglin’" – 10:29
  11. "Suzie Q" (Eleanor Broadwater, Robert Chaisson, Dale Hawkins, and Stan Lewis) – 10:52

Creedence Clearwater Revival -----Looks like a great set...wasn't in the film or Soundtrack...they were on top of their game then...so probably pretty good. "Fortunate Son" reminds me of our current fearless leader. Originally Posted by matchingmole
John Fogarty is a genius and a fine guitar player.
slightly off topic but seeing the OP's story about Woodstock reminds me of something I read not long ago about a young couple from Middletown New York, Bobbi Kelley age 19, and Nick Ercoline, age 20 they'd been dating a few months and when they heard reports on the local radio that all the roads into Bethel, where Woodstock was being held, were hopelessly blocked with stalled traffic and they were advising people to stay away ..... well these two figured this was something they didn't want to miss and since they knew the backroads pretty well they grabbed a couple of friends they jumped in Nick's mom's station wagon and they took off ..... well they ended up having to park at the side of the road like thousands of other vehicles and they walked in, and on the way they found this old quilt that someone had discarded and they decided to pick it up so they'd have something to sit on ..... and on saturday the monsoon happened,but on sunday morning as the sun is coming up Bobbi and Nick stand up and hug each other, with her head leaning into his shoulder, and they are wrapped in this now very muddy quilt ..... both of them say they never noticed the photographer who happened by and took their picture .....the picture which ended up being on the cover of the Woodstock soundtrack album ..... Nick and Bobbi stayed together and got married in August of 1971 and had 2 children ..... and they are still together today, getting ready to celebrate their 48th wedding anniversary and both of them excited about the 50th anniversary of the festival .....