Showcase up!

Ehh....starting a new thread to announce a new showcase is considered as advertisement.....it's called a threAD.
And everyone does it
Ehh....starting a new thread to announce a new showcase is considered as advertisement.....it's called a threAD. Originally Posted by Beagle
And it's totally OK to do so. And we can complain about him doing so as well. Nice show case RB but I'm not a fan of guns with providers. But I bet in Texas and all those NRA guys will love that picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Christopher
Hey gang, on occasion I've seen staff take action on what is referred to as a "threAD" as though there was actually some sort of rule on this site disallowing it.

Well, there's not....and that's not an oversight.

ECCIE is threAD friendly: what this means is that no staff is to take action against any post or thread that someone considers to be a threAD. Don't move it. Don't point or suspend the poster. Don't warn the member in any way...PM or in a post. If someone RTMs a post referring to it as a threAD, simply let them know that we do not take action on those types of posts and if they want to let the OP know in a respectful way, go ahead.....but again, I do not want any warnings coming from staff unless instructed to do so.

With that said, if the members want to express their distaste on a thread that they feel is blatant advertising, let them...within reason. Just don't let it get out of hand, meaning insults or other violations of forum guidelines.

Thanks for your cooperation,

St. C
With that said, if the members want to express their distaste on a thread that they feel is blatant advertising, let them...within reason. Just don't let it get out of hand, meaning insults or other violations of forum guidelines.
The mods are told not to delete the threads, and that's reasonable, considering the number of threADs/threads that are in the gray area.

I would be annoyed if everyone starts posting threads like this in the Coed, though. Threads announcing a new showcase isn't tailored to encourage discussion, in as much as it is to increase a provider's exposure. Some fellas pop in, fawn over some pictures, drools......the provider says thank you.....and it's done.

At least disguise a threAD......."Hey, I just made a new showcase......can I get some feedback on pictures ##? Would you guys prefer some professional photos? etc. "

So by posting here and crying "AD", at least I'm not giving the OP a free pass.
The mods are told not to delete the threads, and that's reasonable, considering the number of threADs/threads that are in the gray area.

I would be annoyed if everyone starts posting threads like this in the Coed, though. Threads announcing a new showcase isn't tailored to encourage discussion, in as much as it is to increase a provider's exposure. Some fellas pop in, fawn over some pictures, drools......the provider says thank you.....and it's done.

At least disguise a threAD......."Hey, I just made a new showcase......can I get some feedback on pictures ##? Would you guys prefer some professional photos? etc. "

So by posting here and crying "AD", at least I'm not giving the OP a free pass. Originally Posted by Beagle
If they ask for information on their pictures Whispers & I have been very willing to help. We don't see many of those any more for some reason!

Spin Doctor & Image Consultant
Open 24 /7

"We Don't Just Want To Fuck You, We Want To Help"
@Beagle, what true harm is there in posting about new pics? It announced what the thread was about in the title. So if you aren't interested in seeing her new pics then skip to the next thread.

Ok, so it's more exposure. Good for the provider for figuring out how to market herself. It isn't breaking a rule. Afterall, this is business and marketing is a huge part of it. Staying visible. (I'm doing it right now just by even replying to you.)
@Beagle, what true harm is there in posting about new pics? It announced what the thread was about in the title. So if you aren't interested in seeing her new pics then skip to the next thread.

Ok, so it's more exposure. Good for the provider for figuring out how to market herself. It isn't breaking a rule. Afterall, this is business and marketing is a huge part of it. Staying visible. (I'm doing it right now just by even replying to you.) Originally Posted by Maxeen Monroe
Yes, I can just skip the thread. Don't you think that if everyone starts doing the same because they know there aren't repercussions......we could end up changing the whole coed section into another ad section? I've no problems with threads in coed that increases exposure of a provider as long as the thread topic encourages discussion.

It's not a problem if one or two providers start threads like these, but it's a slippery slope. I don't agree with the owners' decision to keep threads like these in the coed......I think they should have tried to define the rules better to distinguish Coed threads from threADs so there will be less confusion. I understand how that may have caused mods lots of grief in the past.

Perhaps another compromise would be to sticky a thread for all providers to share their pictures, so we won't have a new thread for every provider wanting to do so. But really......I just don't see a point of such a thread in the first place.....that's what the ads section is for.
I think there once was a short notice availability thread going on, that didn't last long. Lol.

This conversation topic has gone on since the beginning of Eccie (Thanks Whispers! LMAO)

The 2 sides just see differently. Being that the owners allow it, I don't think it should still be a point of contention.

Seriously, what is the worst thing that could happen if they DO post their news pics in CoEd.....

We have a bunch of conversation threads mixed with a bunch of hot pics of local ladies. Doesn't sound so bad to me.

I do understand what you're saying and I'm not knockin ya. Just agreeing to disagree. I don't see any reason for it to be a big deal.
I think there once was a short notice availability thread going on, that didn't last long. Lol. Originally Posted by Maxeen Monroe
Talking about that....I'd really like one of those threads running again, especially now that rules have become so laxed....

Was going to dissect the previous failures and post my findings, but it was getting tedious midway through.......and I've been getting my itch scratched...
[QUOTE=Beagle;1054650191]Ehh....starting a new thread to announce a new showcase is considered as advertisement.....it's called a threAD.[/QUOTE

I know threADs as they are called are annoying for some, however I sit here shaking my head alittle confused.

Skilar Rayne posted about all new photos in her showcase..which i think would be a good thing since most hobbyist mention they want recent pics.

Shayla84 posted to let the community know that she had recovered from her accident.

Rockin Brandy posted as shes new with recent provider status that her showcase is up.

All 3 posts were commented on by members saying they were ThreAds, however Daddys Girl (no offense to you girl) posted a ThreAD telling you to join her group for naughty pictures and special rates but nothing was mentioned or said on her post. SMH how is that treatment at all fair?
There are lots of grey areas because the criteria for distinguishing threads and threADs aren't as well defined as we'd like it to be. The dilemma is that the rules have to be simple enough for the mods to do their part and for us to follow the rules. But when rules are simplified, it leaves more loopholes. It's the same reason the law system is constantly evolving....to cover the loopholes.

The threshold for distinguishing a thread from a threAD varies from individual to individual as a result of the loopholes. Fact that there is such a huge divide in the views within the community as to what constitutes a threAD, reflects that we still need to make changes to the current system. Or we could leave things the way they are, and continue to have bickering every time the issue crops up.

As for your examples, this is how I feel about each one:

Skilar Rayne and RB announce new pictures in their showcases....it's the same announcement you'd see in many ads. It's something you'd easily address fully when you post in the Ad section.

Shayla's recovery announcement - I can see how others might have further questions for her. Ie. does the recovery mean clients still have to be gentle when handling the injured part? still taking medications? Or even just to find out how she's feeling now that she's recovered.

You can have some conversation posting in the Coed section.....can't do the same in the Ads section.

Daddys Girl's yahoo groups announcement - I can imagine some guys will have technical difficulties getting access to certain details. Or perhaps she's not sure if she has everything set up right and could get feedback. Instead of answering the same question for 10 different guys, it's easier to just explain it in one thread.
Its all just a little hard to understand.. if the other girls posts were labeled threAds then daddys girls should have been to. Her mention of a " private" group should have been put in her ads or showcase. Her group is private and only those she has seen can have access to it so why should that be posted in coed if not everyone here can see it. If the other girls shouldnt post threAds she shouldnt either. Im sorry but DG post is a threAd..( a post advertising a special group for your naughty photos and special rates) You mentioned she posted to maybe get feedback but whose to say thats the other ladies werent wanting feedback on there new showcases? What info cannot be found in a showcase that will be in a private yahoo group. Seems like a little preferential treatment!
Its all just a little hard to understand.. if the other girls posts were labeled threAds then daddys girls should have been to. Her mention of a " private" group should have been put in her ads or showcase. Her group is private and only those she has seen can have access to it so why should that be posted in coed if not everyone here can see it. If the other girls shouldnt post threAds she shouldnt either. Im sorry but DG post is a threAd..( a post advertising a special group for your naughty photos and special rates) You mentioned she posted to maybe get feedback but whose to say thats the other ladies werent wanting feedback on there new showcases? What info cannot be found in a showcase that will be in a private yahoo group. Seems like a little preferential treatment! Originally Posted by Britttany_love
That's what I alluded to in one of my earlier posts. It's tacky disguising a threAD, and some guys might call it out.....but at least it's not as blatant as this threAD is. There's no mention of wanting feedback. And how long will it go on for before more and more posters start commenting, "not another one asking for showcase feedback...."? Many topics get recycled in these forums and everyone gets jaded if a topic is rehashed too quickly since the last one.....so it'll become harder to disguise the next threAD.....

As long as you have loopholes in rules and humans making judgement calls, there will always be bias. I'd like to believe that the mods are better qualified in making these decisions than you and I are, because of their experience and higher exposure to these situations. It's a cop out.....but it's a compromise we just have to deal with, given that we don't live in a perfect world....