ThreAds, what the owners say...

Just to get anyone else up to speed who may be behind.

The owners have spoken and the following is their position concerning ThreAds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Christopher
Hey gang, on occasion I've seen staff take action on what is referred to as a "threAD" as though there was actually some sort of rule on this site disallowing it.

Well, there's not....and that's not an oversight.

ECCIE is threAD friendly: what this means is that no staff is to take action against any post or thread that someone considers to be a threAD. Don't move it. Don't point or suspend the poster. Don't warn the member in any way...PM or in a post. If someone RTMs a post referring to it as a threAD, simply let them know that we do not take action on those types of posts and if they want to let the OP know in a respectful way, go ahead.....but again, I do not want any warnings coming from staff unless instructed to do so.

With that said, if the members want to express their distaste on a thread that they feel is blatant advertising, let them...within reason. Just don't let it get out of hand, meaning insults or other violations of forum guidelines.

Thanks for your cooperation,

St. C
  • Loxly
  • 12-07-2013, 07:27 PM
As they used to say in Hollywood, "The only bad publicity is none at all!" Maintaining visibility can take many forms. We can all choose not to read anything on here. Some of the ThreADs are entertaining although some, I think, do more harm than good.

On the flip side you have "Shilling". What value does it ad to a review to have 14 or more "Oh Yeah", "Sounds Good!", etc. etc. etc. comments? The Mods spend a lot of time cleaning that up.

One thing regarding your bi-line. Have you read about a company called Organovo? Might be a future place for parts for all of us.
Yep and just to get you up to speed, it says we can complain about them all we want! Also if we feel they are blatant ads we can RTM them. If you insist on opening yourself up to being dogpiled, there are plenty of us that will oblige you .

Fucking ThreAD!!!!!!!
Thats fine spout away.

Yep and just to get you up to speed, it says we can complain about them all we want! Also if we feel they are blatant ads we can RTM them. If you insist on opening yourself up to being dogpiled, there are plenty of us that will oblige you .

Fucking ThreAD!!!!!!! Originally Posted by Mr.Crowley

way too much drama. this isnt good for your business. just my 2 cents.
Just come see me and youll be sold on that I just wanna be treated fairly. Others are allowed to do it, as they should be. Im having rules enforced on me that dont exist.

way too much drama. this isnt good for your business. just my 2 cents. Originally Posted by Insano

That mod is probably getting sick of your shit, and he's the one that will ban your ass! And admins and owners won't likely reverse him!

Feel free to bitch about Space, I have it on good authority he absolutely loves that!

How much biz you figure to have when you can't post ads or ThreADs for 90 days while banned?
What mod? Ban me for what? Postin ThreAds on a ThreAd friendly board lol? This is just for others info..

That mod is probably getting sick of your shit, and he's the one that will ban your ass! And admins and owners won't likely reverse him!

Feel free to bitch about Space, I have it on good authority he absolutely loves that!

How much biz you figure to have when you can't post ads or ThreADs for 90 days while banned? Originally Posted by Mr.Crowley
You are opening yourself up to points which he has foregone on the SL insults, and given you a warning about. After that it becomes disobeying staff, which is 5 points at a time, 25 and we're rid of you for 90 peaceful non tranny days!

Do you think pissing him off will have no
consequences? Or that pissing off established members that will provoke you into fucking up time after time will be smart?
This is just meant as a general thread, not aimed at anyone in particular quit bringing others into it

You are opening yourself up to points which he has foregone and given you a warning about. After that it becomes disobeying staff, which is 5 points at a time, 25 and we're rid of you for 90 peaceful non tranny days! Originally Posted by Mr.Crowley

Hey MAN, don't tell me what to do! I don't answer to your ass or man made pussy!
I think pita pockets are just falafel!

Check your post there man, you brought him and the owners into this, not me!
http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=320362

Post #6.....that'd be my thoughts
I think a short notice availability thread will alleviate the problem of threADs. It levels the playing field for all providers, and gives hobbyists an avenue for making last minute arrangements. Providers will probably get less of the "are you available today" PM's as well

Wadya say, Space? Shall we get one running again?
Good fucking luck with that Beagle! lol you obviously missed the last 2 attempts! And the fucking colossal failure in Houston too. It's only in SA because moderation there is the worst on the boards. Til the gang rids them of that problem!
Certified Nympho? You can't be a certified Nympho if you are a man dude.

How long till your trading that fleshlight in for a strap on?