nopd seatbelt check point

I ran into a seat-belt check point run by NOPD this afternoon. they looked like they were itching to write tickets on any driver not wearing seat-belt.

is what NOPD doing legal? I thought you had to be ticked for some other violation to include not wearing seat belt violation.
State law was changed not too long ago that made not wearing a seat belt a primary offense....meaning that not wearing your seat belt can be the reason for either pulling you over or writing you a ticket at a checkpoint.
And that includes all passengers, not just the driver.
yep....always buckle up!

Where was the checkpoint?
It is legal to stop a vehicle for any old reason, does not matter. Point is we only beleive the fallacy that we have rights, we do not. The cops can do whatever they want whenever they want and we the people live in our fantasy world that they cannot do certain things. Big Brother will get you if he wants you, that simple.

It is legal to do check points for DWI, it is legal to kick your ass, it is legal to lock you up in jail with no bond for weeks at a time. When it is shown the police are wrong or made a mistake, they opne the jail door only when all parties involved have calmed down. The perosn loses his job, may lose his family, and loses his diginity and the there is not a damn thing he can do about it, no recompense and yep it is all under the guise of legal police work.

On the other side the cops do have a difficult job, but I do not want my tax dollars spent on a police force that is making sure I have a seat belt on, to me that is one of the most unconstitutional laws on the books, just me.
All that is unconstitutional.
Where was the checkpoint? Originally Posted by billtrum
they were on tchoupitoulas and henderson st.
dilbert did they ask to see your DL and insurance
no she didn't. she just said, "bye bye" after seeing I was wearing seatbelt.
we use to have safety check points AKA roadblocks,they check for license ,insurance,and seat belts,but as of 7-01-11 they made seat belts and text messaging a primary offense while driving
is what NOPD doing legal? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
I've never thought of NOPD as being all that concerned about whether what they're doing is legal.
I've never thought of NOPD as being all that concerned about whether what they're doing is legal. Originally Posted by Oldguy
Can you blame them? When the citizens live like it's the wild west, the protections afforded by the Const. probably shouldn't apply.