Annual Chiefs thread/football thread

So ladies and gents Chiefs have reported for camp as most teams have.
We are a week away from our first preseason game against the Bengals.

How do you see the Chiefs doing this year?

What about the new Qb and other changes made off season?

Who do you pick for the Super Bowl?

Let's go Chiefs
All I know is that any time I hear tornado sirens, I run to Arrowhead Stadium. I know I will be safe, as there is a 0% chance of a touchdown there
  • jan-w
  • 07-30-2014, 01:30 PM
This thread won't really get rollin' until The Queen drops in.
Chiefs have many issues, o-line inexperience and depth, not one decent wr, a defensive backfield with more holes than swiss cheese, etc. Best case scenario is 7-9, perhaps 8-8 with some luck.
This time of the year when the Royals are playing out the season, we look hopefully to the Chiefs. Around the playoff season we are looking to spring training.
Chiefs did a nice job in draft and free agent additions. I originally thought 10-6 this year. But Fisher is a big question mark at left tackle. Now I'm thinking 8-8 maybe 9-7. If Fisher can stay healthy I'll stick with 10-6.
Problem is they play a second place schedule this year. Looks like another high draft pick we can spend on another tackle next spring.
All I know is that any time I hear tornado sirens, I run to Arrowhead Stadium. I know I will be safe, as there is a 0% chance of a touchdown there Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh
Nice burn!! I know you are not a Chiefs fan. Thanks for the laugh Sins
All I know is that any time I hear tornado sirens, I run to Arrowhead Stadium. I know I will be safe, as there is a 0% chance of a touchdown there Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh
Ahhhhh hahaha that's a good one tho!!
So ladies and gents Chiefs have reported for camp as most teams have.
We are a week away from our first preseason game against the Bengals.

How do you see the Chiefs doing this year?

What about the new Qb and other changes made off season?

Who do you pick for the Super Bowl?

Let's go Chiefs Originally Posted by Grizzly
Do you mean our 4th QB that we picked up in the draft? Let the back ups fight it out as I am an Alex Smith fan. But it is going to be good to have some depth in that position. what we need is a mad man like Jerad Allen or the likes of Thomas or Smith when it comes down to making QB's feel the pain they could inflict. but the chiefs paying 6MM a year? NOT
Sins, that's to funny. I am going with 9-7. So much depends on injuries or lack of. I know it is a tough schedule but I have faith. I like Andy Ried and the coaching staff.
... I'll stick with 10-6. Originally Posted by grandotuono
Ever hopeful, the eternal fan in Chiefs Kingdom will believe in 8-8 at minimum. Aren't we just a year displaced from worst record?

What's that catchy & popular chant heard across town? ‘I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN!!!'
9-7 book it.
Ever hopeful, the eternal fan in Chiefs Kingdom will believe in 8-8 at minimum. Aren't we just a year displaced from worst record?

What's that catchy & popular chant heard across town? ‘I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN!!!' Originally Posted by algrace
Just take a look at the schedule. There are 4 "elite" teams, Patriots, 49ers, Seattle & Denver (twice). So 5 games total Three games are home games so I think KC will pull out one win to go 1-4. Worst case KC will go 0-5.

Next level would be the "contenders" of which Arizona, San Diego(twice) and St Louis being this group. So 4 games here. Two home & two away games here Arizona had a banner year last year, I think they will regress. St Louis will improve, but KC plays them at home so I give the edge to KC. I think KC splits with San Diego which will give 3-1 record here at worst 2-2. With "elites" & "contenders" that ranges from 4-5 to 2-7

Last are " Tennessee, Jets, Oakland (twice), Buffalo, Miami, & Pittsburgh. 7 games here. Of these only Pittsburgh & Jets have a chance to "contend". Pittsburgh is on the road, so tough game there. Jets are home and I think KC will handle them. Tennessee will be almost like an additional pre-season tune up for Denver. Buffalo and Miami still have BIG questions at QB and the KC defense will eat them alive. Oakland, well is Oakland. They are trying what Piolo did in bringing in veteran players from championship teams and we all know how well that worked. They might drop one game here. I think realistically KC goes 6-1 here or maybe 5-2.

That's where I get my 10-6 from (1-4) + (3-1) + (6-1 ). Is the KC schedule tougher than last year. You betcha. But there are several things KC has going for it. An atmosphere/environment of success. KC is coming off a great year and that will continue into this year. This group of players have come to play. There are no slackers in this group, no one will take a play off here, specially in the skilled positions. (well maybe one or two) The key players put in much work in the off season and now know the system. Reid has also had a year to learn the strengths and weaknesses of the team and make adjustments. Lastly the games with the "elites" are spread throughout the schedule so KC will always have a chance to bounce back after a loss. If they play to their potential KC will never get far enough back to get down. I may be a "glass half full" guy here, but I have put some analysis to it, not just blind faith.