The importance of being prepared......

Just a friendly reminder for newbies

Now with LE gearing up for their wonderful election year I think it a proper time to reiterate how important references are.

When you contact a provider or massage provider and say "I saw so and so", it would be in your best interest to give a quick call and remind the lady(reference) of who you are so our screening can go much faster. This only helps you get in quicker and your time is not wasted with repeated contacts, e-mails, etc.

Anytime I am approached for a ref I simply request that the gentleman give me a quick call to jog my memory. Then I will gladly give a ref for him. That way you will also be ready with her # for screening. Really guys, we don't mind, we want you to have fun, and we want to help our fellow ladies stay safe by vouching for you gentlemen. So PLEASE....... give your reference a quick ring to jog her memory so we can all get on with HAVING MORE FUN!!!!!! YEA!!!!

Thanks tons for your courtesy and time.
  • ztonk
  • 05-05-2010, 09:21 PM
And to cover the other half of our population:

Ladies, be sure to check the references you are given. If a guy emails or calls you and gives you a handle on this board, make sure he sends you a PM from that handle to validate he is who he says. Report suspicious activity as appropriate.

Hobby safely!
I concur with both of the above, but I do have a question for providers: what if we provide a PM via eccie, a reference of a provider, and that provider validates the legitimacy of the reference by listing the hobbyist's review on their ad? isn't that enough? I ask because I did that, and a provider still asked for the ph# of the provider i indicated in the above scenario.

Huh??

isn't that overkill? the cross reference IS validation, IMO.
Some people just do 'the same thing every time'. I guess they feel safer if they never break the pattern. Thanks so much gentlemen for your wonderful input!!! Give me more- I do appreciate it.
I have had ladies call me because I gave an OK on P411. They were just checking with the reference she was given. I never fault a lady for being careful.

It is the safety of the ladies that the reason we give references.
And we DEFINITELY want to keep the good ones around, RIGHT? If we all play nice everyone goes home happy! At least that's MY goal. LOL
newbies and or seldom-bies like me have a hard time with references. what should we/I do? honestly i'm a one time a year guy at best so no refs, so what can we do to help you understand we are safe?
satchel,
great question! I also play infrequently. So..
1. Make a list of those who interest you
2. call and be honest about your situation,
3. If she says "no", call the next on your list
4. Based on this post: Don't call Maxieryan.

Good luck!
  • ztonk
  • 05-06-2010, 12:48 PM
4. Based on this post: Don't call Maxieryan. Originally Posted by Jay Walker
That's a bit of a quantum leap in reasoning, Mr. Walker...

I've never had the pleasure of Maxieryan's company, and I certainly will not speak on behalf of her or any other lady, but I do know some very-security-conscious-and-cautious ladies here who will see gentlemen without references, provided that they are willing to provide some personal information for screening.

The whole idea here is to keep both the ladies and the guys safe... as long as we each hold up our end of the bargain, everybody leaves happy and ready to play another day.
Ditto that ztonk. We all started the hobby somewhere (sans references).

Be professional, respectful, and offer accurate personal information and you will be rewarded (by some). If you don't want to share that with a lady, then pay the fee and join P411.
About a 1 year ago I was a total newbie and I saw Maxieryans ad on Craigslist and called her ,she was so kind to me. I did not know of the hobby at all. She asked some basic questions and OKed me for a session.How I have 15 OK's on P411 and a member here.Do not knock this lady, shes a keeper.Thank you Maxieryan for my start.Hope your Orchih is still alive.
XOXOLevi
Maxie is a sweetie, too bad you think she isn't good for you, but you shouldn't say that newbies should miss out on her.
Thank you ztonk and jsparrow!! You are both too kind! And yes, as long as you provide simple personal info for screening (which I destroy every day and will NOT remember tomorrow - LOL) I will be MORE than happy to be someone's first reference in the hobby. And depending on the situation I may be your vouch for longer than 3 months. P411 and date-check are always the best option for starting out but I DO understand the occasional shopper as well.

And YES Levi, thank you again, my orchid is doing super! I just adore those and am taking very good care of it, long time, no see!
I concur with both of the above, but I do have a question for providers: what if we provide a PM via eccie, a reference of a provider, and that provider validates the legitimacy of the reference by listing the hobbyist's review on their ad? isn't that enough? I ask because I did that, and a provider still asked for the ph# of the provider i indicated in the above scenario.

Huh??

isn't that overkill? the cross reference IS validation, IMO. Originally Posted by Utanks
Some of us, myself included, screen for compatibility as well as safety. Simply because you've reviewed a lady does not mean that you're automatically good to go. You should definitely include the contact information of your reference(s) in your initial contact. Believe it or not, some ladies don't make it too easy to find their phone number or contact info. You'd be surprised how many ladies don't even put their contact information in their own ads.

*Gasp*
austin liv, i agree a review in and of itself isn't validation, but what i pointed out in that quote is that if a hobbyist's review is cross-posted in the ad of the provider being used as a reference, then by definition the provider is VALIDATING the date.

I bring this up because I don't know the specifics of how providers are handling comms w/ each other, so I merely cited an instant no-brainer closed-loop situation which also avoids the inevitable delay e.g. email delay/pm delay/vmail delay in a more personalized verification step. I'm all for safety but I'm also for common sense too!