ECCIE discounts: Should they be given to lurkers as well as members?

Something I've pondered for a while now.... I keep my rates here lower than what I publish elsewhere as a "thank you" privilege and fringe benefit to ECCIE members. I don't even offer a 1-hour visit on my site, but I do here. I often advertise member-only specials, like my "massage a la mode." However, lurkers read the ads, too, and expect the same breaks when they contact me. I honor them, but should I?

How do you handle that, ladies? What do you gentlemen think?
I've heard that "membership has its privileges".
I think that is completely up to you. Do what makes you comfortable. But, if a eccie special rate is for eccie members only, you should make that very clear in your ads. Tell them they need to provide a eccie user name.
no... defeats the purpose of offering a special for members... what incentive is there to become a member if they receive the special as a lurker?

I offer discounts to those who book through P411... but if they contact me through here they pay listed price....I simply offer them the option to book through P411 when first contacted and let them know there is a discount for doing so. If they opt not to, then they opt for the normal price and it is known on both parts.
I believe Eccie is an information Mecca for hobbying, if one is not supplying information then why should one garner the privileges? It would be akin to supplying a reward for an individual that watched an informative citizen supply information regarding a criminal...just wouldn't happen. All reward and no work...silly really.
Of course, being an ECCIE member, my perspective is biased (and of course you should do whatever you're comfortable / best for your business) but I would ask if someone is really a member if they haven't contributed anything?
Maybe put something like eccie rates are for those who post. Set a minimum amount of posts....but be reasonable.
  • Trey
  • 06-28-2013, 10:34 AM
Something I've pondered for a while now.... I keep my rates here lower than what I publish elsewhere as a "thank you" privilege and fringe benefit to ECCIE members. I don't even offer a 1-hour visit on my site, but I do here. I often advertise member-only specials, like my "massage a la mode." However, lurkers read the ads, too, and expect the same breaks when they contact me. I honor them, but should I?

How do you handle that, ladies? What do you gentlemen think?
Originally Posted by Fancyinheels
If you want to honor the lurkers it's your choice. I'm amazed you charge the least here. Most ladies pricing goes p411$$$, eccie$$, BP$.

I offer discounts to those who book through P411... but if they contact me through here they pay listed price....I simply offer them the option to book through P411 when first contacted and let them know there is a discount for doing so. If they opt not to, then they opt for the normal price and it is known on both parts. Originally Posted by Abigail (Source of JOY)

+1
if someone is really a member if they haven't contributed anything? Originally Posted by jbravo_123
t. Set a minimum amount of posts. Originally Posted by ZedX79
Let me just say that any number of posts does not guarantee any contribution.

There are people with thousands of posts who have yet to contribute.

There are people with thousands of posts who have yet to contribute. Originally Posted by Pistolero
^^^ THIS + 1000.

There are people with thousands of posts who have yet to contribute. Originally Posted by Pistolero
Then make it with a certain number of reviews.

^^^ THIS + 1000. Originally Posted by TransAm
But, they probably believe they make RELEVANT contributions by making prophecies and educating the ignorant masses.

or have yet to contribute in a good way.

If the Houston forums just had an attitude shift from about 4-5 guys, maybe posting in the Houston forums would be fun again. As it is, the Houston forums are nothing but a tree for some Houston male members to piss on to mark their territory.
I loved my lurkers. They were a big part of my business. For me, I'd take care of them because they took care of me. So, yes, I'd give them the rate. They are members here more than likely anyway for the reviews and ML stuff. They just don't post.