Any home theater techkies or surround sound experts?

Ok I had a home theater system installed a while back. Some kid messed with the settings on my receiver and we were not able to get it back as before.
I have a nice Pioneer receiver just sitting here and can’t use it. My speakers are already installed in the ceiling too. I really don’t want to get the guy back here that put it in because he kinda Jerry rigged my speaker wires.
Can any of you guys help? Pm me if you want.
  • Rezo
  • 11-05-2011, 08:54 AM
What sort of trouble are you having?? Is it just that the sound levels just need to be reset?
It's usually a matter of pushing the right buttons and twisting the right knobs. Oh, wait! We're talking surround sound here. LOL! But yes, that is usually the problem. Somebody pushed or turned something that took it off the settings that you like. That used to happen to me, too. I would start with the one that changes the mode from Arena/Theater/Club/Living Room (or something like that). Also the one that changes it from plain Stereo to Surround, Dolby Surround or whatever yours has.

Just try one at a time through the various settings that you have and you should eventually get there. Sometimes it takes a while. Kids can undo an hours worth of tweaking in less than a minute. Hope that helps.
Check your receiver input settings TV,DVD,FM,etc
Thanks guys. I’ve tried several different things as mentioned. I am going with a nice gentleman that pm’d me about helping me.
Thanks guys. I’ve tried several different things as mentioned. I am going with a nice gentleman that pm’d me about helping me. Originally Posted by latnremedy
Lucky Guy
Thanks guys. I’ve tried several different things as mentioned. I am going with a nice gentleman that pm’d me about helping me. Originally Posted by latnremedy
Be sure to write a review. LOL!