walmart moneycard, use with caution

I recently discovered a policy with using walmart moneycard...
This policy is VERY offensive.
The cardholder cant post ads on backpage or craigslist using the walmart moneycard.
As a result the card will be cancelled without any notice.
Has anyone else had this experience?
If you do accept or use s ..here is a list of other resources..
https://www..com/WhoAccepts.aspx
This is old news honey. However, there are some of us that know how to use the card without getting it closed. Do you have access to the powder room? Do a search there,
.... Why not just use an actual credit card? I didn't even know wal-mart had money cards. I'm out of the loop.
.... Why not just use an actual credit card? I didn't even know wal-mart had money cards. I'm out of the loop. Originally Posted by Shayla
Walmart have prepaid cards. It's great for receiving money via . Clients can send money anonymously so a lot of us continue to use the card and have never had our accounts closed. If you were to just use the card for backpage ads of course they will notice and close it. However, if you use it to pay a phone bill, clothes shopping, grocery shopping, receiving money, hotels and ads then you're fine. You just have to know how to use it. A LOT of ladies use it just for JUST ads and it's not smart at all. They also think it protects you in some way and it doesn't. The card asks for your social security number at activation.
evagodiva,

Thanks for sharing with us this information. Not everyone knows what you've learned and it's a hard lesson!

I've always used gift cards for advertising, etc. And Shayla, although I've also used bank cards and my personal checking account (bad Elisabeth!) ... it's a much better idea to try to be as discreet as possible when dealing with your business if you do lead a double life, like most of us do.

Eva ... there is a "Simon's" card that supposedly you can get in a pretend name. That might be a good place to explore. With and Walmart, it's iffy to use that for advertising, period.

You might be able to use it for awhile and then if it's frozen, I've heard that it takes awhile for them to mail you a check for your balance.

Good luck!
Elisabeth
Walmart have prepaid cards. It's great for receiving money via . Clients can send money anonymously so a lot of us continue to use the card and have never had our accounts closed. If you were to just use the card for backpage ads of course they will notice and close it. However, if you use it to pay a phone bill, clothes shopping, grocery shopping, receiving money, hotels and ads then you're fine. You just have to know how to use it. A LOT of ladies use it just for JUST ads and it's not smart at all. They also think it protects you in some way and it doesn't. The card asks for your social security number at activation. Originally Posted by Naomi4u
Wow. Good to know. I wonder if this is just an American policy... Never heard of this in my neck of the woods. I've been hearing through a few grapevines cash will be almost non-existent in the future for accountability reasons. Ce la vie.

Hmmm, I just checked - many girls here (Canada) use pre-paid cards for backpage and they work.
Walmart have prepaid cards. It's great for receiving money via . Clients can send money anonymously so a lot of us continue to use the card and have never had our accounts closed. If you were to just use the card for backpage ads of course they will notice and close it. However, if you use it to pay a phone bill, clothes shopping, grocery shopping, receiving money, hotels and ads then you're fine. You just have to know how to use it. A LOT of ladies use it just for JUST ads and it's not smart at all. They also think it protects you in some way and it doesn't. The card asks for your social security number at activation. Originally Posted by Naomi4u
I think cash is the best route to take still.
I have heard of walmart canceling cards if they see bp usage.

I general buy a gift card and use it.

Try those, and you can find those in any store or gas station.

Good luck honey.