Putin talk

President Vladimir Putin says the "special military operation" in Ukraine is necessary because the United States was using Ukraine to threaten Russia and Moscow had to defend against the persecution of Russian-speaking people.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58grYzCcfHI

"No big woop, just coffee talk."

Putin has distorted his motives to create an air of diplomacy. None the sort. It is an unscrupulous and sheer land grab.

I like this.

Simple, but elegant.
Vlad’s only somewhat right on this. Ukraine was primarily a slush fund to enrich US politicians and their families. Being a threat to Russia is just a geographical side effect.
Vlad’s only somewhat right on this. Ukraine was primarily a slush fund to enrich US politicians and their families. Being a threat to Russia is just a geographical side effect. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
^^^^^^^^^
pootin is being disingenuous. its kind of a land grab in order to create a land bridge to Crimea.

part of the area is strategic, economic and raw materials.
It always has to be strategic. The food source seems most logical to me. As far as the occupation.
It always has to be strategic. The food source seems most logical to me. As far as the occupation. Originally Posted by eccieuser9500
majority of the food source is in west UKR. east ukr (donetesk) is mostly industrial.
majority of the food source is in west UKR. east ukr (donetesk) is mostly industrial. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Correct. While Russia is one of the largest, (geographically) countries, vast swaths of it are barely habitable, much less suitable for growing crops.

It’s a pretty good “battle cry”. ………”your sons can die today so your grandkids can eat”.,
I think it's multifaceted : all of the above and more. There ARE 'nazi's' in Ukraine that have a very strong presence in their military and political system.
The land bridge is necessary to support the Crimea.
Ethnic Russians have been persecuted in parts of the Ukraine.
Once the industrial areas and ports are seized and rebuilt, Russia just lays back for an American election cycle of 4-8 years and, relying on Americans short attention span, then goes after the agricultural areas. In the mean time they use the industrial capabilities to strengthen and rebuild what the current invasion cost.
The culture / spiritual war : unlike westerners who kind of meme and bitch over the LBGT /trans agenda, there are other nations that will actually take up arms to prevent the spread. Is the current administration have more allegiance to Old Glory or the rainbow flag ? Why are our embassies flying the Rainbow flag in the face of conservative Orthodox and Muslim nations ?
Russia HAS been invaded several times by European nations, Operation Barbarossa being a good recent example.
If our president were only half as committed to securing our borders .....
President Vladimir Putin says the "special military operation" in Ukraine is necessary because the United States was using Ukraine to threaten Russia and Moscow had to defend against the persecution of Russian-speaking people. Originally Posted by VitaMan
So, is this another one of those Putin talking points threads? You support this stuff?
Poland calls Putin. One ringy-dingy... two ringy-dingies..

Putin: Zdravstvujtye
Poland: We needs more fuel and gas
Putin: I need da payments in da Rubles
Poland: We ain't gonna pay in no stinking Rubles pal
Putin: Do svidanya <...click...>
POLAND : throws hand grenades .

RUSSIA : pulls pins and throws back.
Uh, you do know that Russia and Hitlers' Germany were enemies, don't you ? And that Russia lost millions of soldiers defeating them on the Eastern front ?