bartering?

Just curious, I was needing some dental work done and someone suggested I barter dental services for my services. Is this common or ethical or anything else?

Is there a specific thread for bartering of services?
Bartering is good.
I've fixed provider's cars and computers. Mostly because I like helping people. And getting to know someone before setting an appointment adds to the good times.
That's good to know. So no word on if there is a specific thread for this type of thing?
Yes in coed, and ISO's. Search forum tool is top right corner of the forum page. Search this Forum.
Just post an ISO for dental bartering. Any dentists out there willing to barter will contact you. If you don't get any bites right away (no pun intended), you may have to bump the thread.
  • tron
  • 12-24-2014, 09:51 PM
I think you might be better off finding a good dentist and bartering a discount for paying cash when the work is done. If it is a crown, you can do 50% on the first appointment and 50% when the crown is seated - or something similar.

You may find a dentist willing to trade services, but they would be exposing their real-world identity since you would have to go to their office for whatever is being done. It is hard to imagine a good dentist willing to take that risk - they have too much to lose.

You can get an individual dental insurance plan here - www.ehealthinsurance.com - possibly for less than you would expect.

Whatever you do, get a good dentist. Sometimes bad dental work doesn't become apparent for several years - and can get expensive to fix. Also, there are some flakes that will try to get you to have work done that you don't need.

If you need a root canal, go to an endodontist. You may need a referral from a dentist for that.
  • Toyz
  • 12-24-2014, 11:17 PM
I'm an amateur gynecologist...if you need any inspections hit me up.

....they would be exposing their real-world identity since you would have to go to their office for whatever is being done. It is hard to imagine a good dentist willing to take that risk - they have too much to lose.
Originally Posted by tron
+1

Also dental work gets easily into the thousands which means unlike bartering an hour of bcd for a new car battery the dentist puts up all the upfront financial risk especially as he's paying out of pocket for the crowns or caps.

When a provider skips town after a few sessions with her new million dollar smile he's butt outta luck.

He might have a hard time explaining owed pussy payments in Judge Judy's court.
[QUOTE=Windinhishair;1056184133]...owed pussy payments...[QUOTE]

I just love the sound of that!
I need car work....Strong gas fumes I need to fix so I don't blow up lol ( pretty sure it just needs 2 bolts that had snapped of replaced on tank)
[QUOTE=FS_ITC;1056185265][QUOTE=Windinhishair;1056184133]...owed pussy payments...

I just love the sound of that!
New acronym OPP
  • onei
  • 12-27-2014, 11:35 PM
Dedicate one trick a day to the dental fund vs. spending it elsewhere. It'll ad up in a hurry.
Two options come to mind:

1 - If your reported yearly income is within a certain amount I think you could get it done affordably at a community clinic. Let me know if you need help researching that.
2- I am not sure how ethical this is (i haven't had to do it)... but the border isn't that far away and i have heard decent dental work can be had for a fraction of the cost there. I guess you might consider this if its extensive work.

Hope this helps.