To my 'friends' on the other side of the aisle.......

I'm not trying to start an argument or debate, but I have a question I would like for you guys to attempt to answer. I don't want the company line, but your real feelings. Even a gut feeling is OK.

Honest to goodness, who is actually running this country right now?

Even though my opinion in this thread doesn't really matter, I just don't feel Biden is strong enough or has enough cognitive strength to run this country. My range of emotions toward Biden runs from complete contempt for the decisions made like open borders to pity as a victim of elder abuse.
  • pxmcc
  • 10-01-2023, 07:28 PM
Biden is running the show. incredible, isn't it..

i'm not going to say that 80 is just a number, except that, well, actually, it is. there, i said it..

there's a huge variation in what 80 looks like. if you're a male in Sardinia, Italy, you're basically a young whippersnapper..

i would advise Biden to cut his carb intake, but if you look at him, you can easily see that he balances his caloric intake between what he consumes and what he burns. he does cardio and weights every morning, and runs around with his dogs in the afternoon. it has been shown in study after study that reducing caloric intake acts as a break on aging. clearly, his calories consumed are not excessive relative to his workout regimen.

genetics also plays a part. some people have parents that are completely senile by 80. those folks may want to double down on low calories, low carbs, and extensive cardio, or they will likely suffer the same fate.

my grandmother at 89 worked 12 hour days-by choice-and she remained sharp as a tack until she got pancreatic cancer at age 90 and the morphine impacted her thinking processes.

Trump's obesity and lack of exercise will likely cause early dementia. just this week, he talked about avoiding World War II (which ended around 80 years ago), defeating Obama in 2016 (he defeated Clinton, not Obama), adding to earlier mental lapses, like when he said his father was born in Germany. (he wasn't. he was born in the U.S.) Trump seemed confused by the names of well-known people, including the CEO of Apple, his national security advisor, and the speaker of the House. (The Alzheimer’s Association listed memory loss as a sign of Alzheimer’s or another neurological issue.)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/3404007002/

and he said that Frederick Douglas is a great and up and coming man. (Douglas has been dead over 100 years.)

if there's anyone we should be worried about concerning dementia, it's Trump, not Biden. at 77, with his borderline morbid obesity and lack of exercise, it would be a surprise if he didn't develop full blown dementia within the next 4 years. he is certainly doing everything possible to accelerate the aging process, including in his brain.
Trump's obesity and lack of exercise will likely cause early dementia. just this week, he talked about avoiding World War II (which ended around 80 years ago), defeating Obama in 2016 (he defeated Clinton, not Obama), adding to earlier mental lapses, like when he said his father was born in Germany. (he wasn't. he was born in the U.S.) Trump seemed confused by the names of well-known people, including the CEO of Apple, his national security advisor, and the speaker of the House. (The Alzheimer’s Association listed memory loss as a sign of Alzheimer’s or another neurological issue.)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/3404007002/

and he said that Frederick Douglas is a great and up and coming man. (Douglas has been dead over 100 years.)

if there's anyone we should be worried about concerning dementia, it's Trump, not Biden. at 77, with his borderline morbid obesity and lack of exercise, it would be a surprise if he didn't develop full blown dementia within the next 4 years. he is certainly doing everything possible to accelerate the aging process, including in his brain. Originally Posted by pxmcc

It's honestly a shame that I meant this thread to be posted on to answer a simple question and have people give opinions, then you had to turn this into another thread where your TDS has to show through. In a thread where I meant well, wasn't going my typical sarcastic self, didn't call Biden brandon, and stated my opinion didn't really matter, you had to make half your post totally off topic just to show your hate for Trump.
Pxmcc, depending on soil conditions and climate change, Mr Douglass could be up and coming. Just need a stalled tropical depression over Rochester.
DJ, px was not off topic. He answered your question. He gave his feelings about why he thought Buden was running the country and that he was competent. However, you are pissed because you really were seeing this thread as a Biden bashing. And if you start discussing one candidates health, it is only a natural progression to discuss other candidates' health as well. Not off topic at all.
It's honestly a shame that I meant this thread to be posted on to answer a simple question and have people give opinions, then you had to turn this into another thread where your TDS has to show through. In a thread where I meant well, wasn't going my typical sarcastic self, didn't call Biden brandon, and stated my opinion didn't really matter, you had to make half your post totally off topic just to show your hate for Trump. Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN
Do you know what it means when someone says “your reputation precedes you”? Well, that’s what you have here, so you should’ve expected the responses you’ve received.

I lean pretty far to the right, but I have to say that, watching these threads from the sidelines, you get your ass kicked (figuratively) every time you post in these political threads. The “other side of the aisle” dudes here are just much better at presenting their beliefs than you are.
Obama and his team has been running the country for 3 years and with no accountability.
Obama and his team has been running the country for 3 years and with no accountability. Originally Posted by michaelrayab
+1
It was obvious that it didn't matter who ran on the Dem ticket, people would vote for anyone besides Trump.
They chose Biden so they could have full control over him.
Quite sad, he's that guy in the nursing home that everyone enjoys talking to because he always has interesting stories from way back when; & details change everytime he tells them.
You just go along with it, after all it's a nursing home and you just want him to enjoy his last days; could be a day, month or even years.
But for the President of the country to get a pass like that.... disgraceful.
  • pxmcc
  • 10-02-2023, 05:56 AM
+1
It was obvious that it didn't matter who ran on the Dem ticket, people would vote for anyone besides Trump.
They chose Biden so they could have full control over him.
Quite sad, he's that guy in the nursing home that everyone enjoys talking to because he always has interesting stories from way back when; & details change everytime he tells them.
You just go along with it, after all it's a nursing home and you just want him to enjoy his last days; could be a day, month or even years.
But for the President of the country to get a pass like that.... disgraceful. Originally Posted by MarcellusWalluz
Marcellus, before i address your points, just wanted to say "Pulp Fiction" is easily in my top 3 all time best movies ever..

and i think your posts in Coed are hilarious. i also find Venus Nova entertaining and think all the hate for her is way overblown.

but when i read anyone talking about Joe Biden in a nursing home, i just wonder where this story comes from, as it is totally divorced from reality. as i mentioned earlier in this thread, what 80 looks like is hugely variable. Biden is fortunate to have good genes, and is to be commended for putting those good genes to work and putting in his own efforts in the form of diet and exercise to take advantage of what God gave him and slow the aging process.

this stuff about Biden being essentially in an old folks home is totally divorced from reality. where do ya'll even come up with this sort of fiction? read "A Day in the Life" and then give me your evidence for your counterpoint again. i just don't see it, except as a fictional myth invented by Fox News to jack up their (now lower, apparently) ratings.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...84a_story.html
DJ, px was not off topic. He answered your question. He gave his feelings about why he thought Buden was running the country and that he was competent. Originally Posted by NordicJag

Hey px, apparently nj doesn't respect you at all, him having to explain your thoughts to me. Apparently he questions your manhood and thinks you would run away from a debate which is why he spoke for you. That's OK brother, I know you're not afraid of a debate.

However, you are pissed because you really were seeing this thread as a Biden bashing. And if you start discussing one candidates health, it is only a natural progression to discuss other candidates' health as well. Not off topic at all. Originally Posted by NordicJag

There you go thinking again, however unless you were close enough to give me a happy ending when I started this thread, you know nothing about my intent. I said that my opinion on this thread, doesn't really matter. Plus I gave Biden an out by saying he may be a victim of elder abuse.
Do you know what it means when someone says “your reputation precedes you”? Well, that’s what you have here, so you should’ve expected the responses you’ve received. Originally Posted by Bowser98

Not really. I viewed this thread as trying to understand what they see in Biden, it was more or less of a smoke the peace pipe type of thread.

I lean pretty far to the right, but I have to say that, watching these threads from the sidelines, you get your ass kicked (figuratively) every time you post in these political threads. The “other side of the aisle” dudes here are just much better at presenting their beliefs than you are. Originally Posted by Bowser98

I'm not as polished with my comments as they are, however I'm being held back by some of our rules. I got my hand slapped the other night when I dared to post what's killing thousands of our fellow countrymen. There is some other stuff going on in our country that rules prohibit me from posting about, stuff that is directly destroying our country and the future of our country. It's like going into a courthouse and I can only present half of my case to the jury. Even if allowed to present my case, chances are I won't be as eloquent about presenting my case as others would be in a rebuttal. This being said, I would still get my thoughts out instead of being forced to hold them in.
  • pxmcc
  • 10-02-2023, 07:12 AM
px: naw it's all open season. N.J. got to it b4 me, did a yeoman's job, and so it's all good from my end.

was i off topic? maybe a little, but not too much. we'll have 2 candidates in 2024, and it looks like it will be Biden and Trump. if Biden's mental fitness is a point at issue, then surely Trump's mental fitness is not irrelevant.[/B]

DJ: There you go thinking again, however unless you were close enough to give me a happy ending when I started this thread, you know nothing about my intent. I said that my opinion on this thread, doesn't really matter. Plus I gave Biden an out by saying he may be a victim of elder abuse. Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN
Hey px, apparently nj doesn't respect you at all, him having to explain your thoughts to me. Apparently he questions your manhood and thinks you would run away from a debate which is why he spoke for you. That's OK brother, I know you're not afraid of a debate.

[B
px: Biden has done more in his 3 years than Trump did in 4. judge Biden not by his age but by his accomplishments, which are many and impressive. he's like an 80 yr. old energizer bunny. never discount the ways and means of an energizer bunny on an electrifying mission..
px: Biden has done more in his 3 years than Trump did in 4. judge Biden not by his age but by his accomplishments, which are many and impressive. he's like an 80 yr. old energizer bunny. never discount the ways and means of an energizer bunny on an electrifying mission.. Originally Posted by pxmcc

In all due respect (see I'm playing nice) I don't know what alternate universe you're viewing Biden's record, however check out some of these links without cherry picking just the links that fit your highly pro Biden agenda. His list of failures is massive.

https://www.google.com/search?q=list...-wiz-serp#ip=1
px: Biden has done more in his 3 years than Trump did in 4. judge Biden not by his age but by his accomplishments, which are many and impressive. he's like an 80 yr. old energizer bunny. never discount the ways and means of an energizer bunny on an electrifying mission.. Originally Posted by pxmcc
LoL, I get it; no one likes the nursing home reference but c'mon man!