Okamoto Crown Condoms - anyone still have the old ones?

Hi all, not sure if this was discussed and I just missed it but I didn't find anything in search so here it goes...

I've been using the Okamoto Crown Skinless condoms that are made in Japan and as many of you probably already know, Okamoto has moved production to Thailand and changed the wrapper from its signature silver cover to a new blue cover.

Problem is, they aren't the same and have subtle differences. I went back to the Amazon seller that sold me the first 500 condom batch but he says he can no longer get them. I'm sure some sellers stocked up but I haven't been able to find one. Question is, has anyone purchased some of these lately and received the old silver wrapper ones made it Japan??

Any help would be appreciated, switching condoms is no fun
I have an old one I used 7 years ago. Worked pretty good back then.
The Beyond 7 condoms are made from the same company and same material.....they are not too shabby and feel great!
  • hd
  • 12-14-2012, 12:15 PM
[QUOTE
I have an old one I used 7 years ago. Worked pretty good back then.
][/QUOTE]

yea, but does it still work today? or is it dried up and hard?
Just hose them out and they will be fine.
I've never tried it but i like after searched about best condoms and find many websites rank Okamoto Crown as # 1. Did you try ebay. I found sellers says made in Japan. silver pix with 2 blue lines made in Japan, another made in Thailand.
VS VS
As a plastics & elastomer guy, I know that materials will lose their properties over time on the shelf. I would prefer a fresh condom.

Further, exposure to air, sunlight, and body fluids is not a good thing, so a 7 year old used condom doesn't sound like a good investment.

(And why the hell would you keep a condom, must have been one hell of a lay for you to keep a condom as a souvenir.)
I've never tried it but i like after searched about best condoms and find many websites rank Okamoto Crown as # 1. Did you try ebay. I found sellers says made in Japan. silver pix with 2 blue lines made in Japan, another made in Thailand.
VS VS Originally Posted by Superlark
Had not checked eBay, but those silver ones are exactly what i'm after...the ones in the blue are "supposed" to be exactly the same, but they're not. Crown says they've been perfecting them to be identical but who knows if that's a short term or long term goal.

Thanks for the info though, i'll take a look on eBay
I've never tried it but i like after searched about best condoms and find many websites rank Okamoto Crown as # 1. Did you try ebay. I found sellers says made in Japan. silver pix with 2 blue lines made in Japan, another made in Thailand. Originally Posted by Superlark

Superlark, I don't know what kind of magic you used to search that but I looked all over ebay using 10 different search terms and still couldn't find the silver packaged ones, any chance you could send a link?
  • ~Ze~
  • 12-14-2012, 08:19 PM
I wouldn't want to use old stock that has been discontinued. I agree 100% with Tiger. Condoms degrade over time. Why risk it?
Superlark, I don't know what kind of magic you used to search that but I looked all over ebay using 10 different search terms and still couldn't find the silver packaged ones, any chance you could send a link? Originally Posted by dentonseek
Probably because you have to go to the "Adult" side of Ebay.

Search "Adult" and it will lead you to the path of Japanese Condoms...

I always use Magnum Extra Large made by Trojan in the Gold package.....Think that they work great....Really like using them on women, o it ever chace that I get.....

TexasCowboy