Jimmy Buffet at COTA

Just curious if any Parrot Heads were at the concert this past weekend?
Good sights and times....
  • Toyz
  • 06-02-2014, 02:17 PM
Just curious if any Parrot Heads were at the concert this past weekend?
Good sights and times.... Originally Posted by woodstretcher
Yep...out in the grass in back having a good time. Fun show.
Yep...out in the grass in back having a good time. Fun show. Originally Posted by Toyz
I might have gone but I thought that the ticket prices were outrageous. I have tickets to One Republic for August which were MUCH less expensive. Jimmy Buffet is fun but not to me at that price.
Yea, tickets were outrageous, but the wifey's a big fan. Good show, coulda sworn I saw a few of you guys there with "dates". Had some sound problems with the more rockin' songs -- guitars tended to drown out the vocals.
Serious question: Who was the bearded guy that played that kick-ass guitar solo? Sounded like Jimmy called him by a few different names during the night.
BTW, saw Neon Trees at Stubbs last night and they were GREAT. `Of course, wife and I were probably the oldest people there.
Believe that solo was Mac Mcanelly. Pretty sure the spelling is wrong. That was awesome!
  • Toyz
  • 06-03-2014, 05:26 PM
Yes that solo was great...the Allman Brothers tune.

Honestly my favorite song of the night was the medley when Jimmy did a cover of Van Morrisons "Into the Mystic".

And yah, I saw a couple of guys whos dates were age inappropriate...but fuck that...its Austin, if you can afford them flaunt them.

I don't particularly like the venue though...just a damn hole scrapped out of a hillside. The parking is literally 3/4 of a mile away and it took us an HOUR to get out after the concert...routed us through bum fuck Texas before we could get on 130...

I only go there when its a concert I REALLY want to see just because of the parking horrors.

And as to One Republic, saw them earlier at ACL Live with Sara Barellies (yah I go to a ton of concerts)...they are really, really good you'll have a blast.
  • ztonk
  • 06-03-2014, 09:15 PM
And yah, I saw a couple of guys whos dates were age inappropriate... Originally Posted by Toyz
Gotta hate the guys who hang out with the girls over 29...

z
I hit the tail gate party around 2: 00 PM. Parking lot A. And yes it was a good trek to and from the hole in the ground. Friend had an RV. Made for a better escape plan....The Parrot heads just cracked me up. Lots of fine looking women also. Can't justify a $9.00 beer. Guess I don't get out enough anymore. Wifey did buy tickets, just now learned how much....ouch.