Stolen Hobby Phone

• hd
  • 08-26-2013, 01:30 PM
I've had a Tracfone (burner) for a few years now that I use, though I don't keep contacts and always erase any calls made or rec'd in case my SO found it so she couldn't google any of the numbers and raise suspicions. I intended on saying I found it in a parking lot if ever questioned.
Anyway, I stopped at Target to get another 60 min. card and threw it in the console of my truck next to the phone, I was going to add the card the next day. I forgot to lock my truck in my driveway that night, and wouldn't you know it, next day only the phone, the card, and a couple dollars of tollbooth change was missing. All my CD's were still there, nothing else missing.
The next day I looked at new Tracfones, 14.99$ for a flip phone, 5$ more than what I paid for the first one. Got it and then got on line to activate it, Tracfones site gave me a choice to get a new number or transfer old number to my new phone, so, figuring I wanted to fuck the guy that stole it, I was able to transfer the old number along with my minutes, (which this guy had already added the card I had bought) so I got all my minutes back. I had kept the paper with the serial number of the old phone which was needed to transfer.
But anyway, now he'll have to buy minutes and activate a new number, you POS . I'm sure the phone is in the trash now.

Just a tidbit of information for any of you that can use it!
I hate thieves. It makes you feel so violated.

Glad you were able to recover the minutes.
  • hd
  • 08-26-2013, 01:53 PM
Yes, I was fucked and didn't even get a kiss, what a pisser!
Well shit, HD...Sucks. At least they didn't mess with the Harley.
You might have actually gotten mad over that!

This is good info for those that have a burner phone.

Wait a minute! The S.O. didn't find it... did she??
  • hd
  • 08-26-2013, 02:20 PM
No, she's never seen it, most time I keep it at work unless I know I'll need it on the weekend, then it's in the truck.