Games 6 and 7

• bbkid
  • 10-23-2017, 08:13 AM
Who was there Friday and Saturday nights?

I will be the first to admit that I went to the ballpark Friday night fully expecting it to be the last game of the season for the Astros. (I have attended their first and final home game for well over a quarter of a century now). I truly felt that the Yankees had the mojo to get it done and thought that Verlander would finally get hit.

Fast forward to Saturday - game 7. Best game of ANY sport. Nothing like a game 7. Houston Astros had the edge, Morton and McCullers. Oh, and how about that defense? Won and done......
I was there Friday and it was electric.
GO 'STROS! I'm excitied about the World Series for a change. Been a while since Houston sports were this uplifting!
Who was there Friday and Saturday nights?

I will be the first to admit that I went to the ballpark Friday night fully expecting it to be the last game of the season for the Astros. (I have attended their first and final home game for well over a quarter of a century now). I truly felt that the Yankees had the mojo to get it done and thought that Verlander would finally get hit.

Fast forward to Saturday - game 7. Best game of ANY sport. Nothing like a game 7. Houston Astros had the edge, Morton and McCullers. Oh, and how about that defense? Won and done...... Originally Posted by bbkid
Hey ole buddy (who've I never actually met ) I'm guilty of copying game 7 on the DVR and going back to the home run in the 4th and the whole bottom of the 5th, then the post game celebrations.

To the Dodger series, I'm going to think out of the box and have Verlander start game 3 at home, with either Morton, McCullers, or McHugh pitching in game 2 at LA. I think McHugh has some good innings left, and he sure looked good at Yankee Stadium getting outs after the other relievers got bombed.

Also, we need a quality left handed long relief pitcher as our current left handers have a lot to be desired.
  • bbkid
  • 10-23-2017, 04:21 PM
Hey ole buddy (who've I never actually met ) I'm guilty of copying game 7 on the DVR and going back to the home run in the 4th and the whole bottom of the 5th, then the post game celebrations.

To the Dodger series, I'm going to think out of the box and have Verlander start game 3 at home, with either Morton, McCullers, or McHugh pitching in game 2 at LA. I think McHugh has some good innings left, and he sure looked good at Yankee Stadium getting outs after the other relievers got bombed.
Hmmm. Might work. Has some merit, but I doubt they'll go that way.

Also, we need a quality left handed long relief pitcher as our current left handers have a lot to be desired. Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN
Well right now, we have no left handed relievers. No way your going to send Sipp out there unless he's moping up a mess. (And he would no doubt mess that up!!!)
We have Liriano, but yeah - he's not a quality reliever.

I hope the bats stay awake. I have very little faith in the bullpen.
Hopefully game 1 will become an immediate classic.