Advice on a new 2017 jeep Cherokee Limited

So im interested in buying this but have never owened a Chrysler or a jeep. Are they good to own? Do they old their resale? They are a bit pricey but they sure do look. Any information will help me decide buying a Chrysler.
Hi, i used to be in the car industry and the resale value is not that bad they actually hold there value, you can check the trade in value of old models in NADA BOOK and you can have an idea of how much is going to depreciate, and mechanic wise i dont know back in the day they used to give transmition problems but i dont know the new models.

Hope i can help !
The Nissan Murano or the Toyota Highlander would be a better purchase. I have rented several different vehicles and never been impressed with any Jeep Product. (Other than old school CJ's) both the above have better consumer rating and less repair bills in past couple years.
I test drove one, and I now own a 2016 Yukon Denali, so I opted for GMC. It was a very nice ride, but the engine and internal electronics of the Denali were much better, IMO.
  • BLM69
  • 12-02-2016, 11:02 AM
RUN the other way from Chrysler/Jeep unless you're going to trade it in before the warranty expires, I have a few regular customers that always need something done to them, they are harder to work on which equals to higher repair cost long term.
  • broes
  • 12-02-2016, 12:46 PM
Not sure about their reliability but they do look pretty sharp.

jeep.jpg
Thanks everyone for the advise
You would think, a hooktard would drive a hummer.
Tara, buy you a Toyota Highlander, much better car and the same price.
Get an online subscription to consumers report. You can look up the reliability of any make and model for years back.

Personally I wouldn't own a Chrysler again. Looks great but isn't reliability
Only thing I would own from that brand group is the RAM trucks. The rest are trash, BLM is dead on. Lease until the warranty is up and say bye bye.

Or buy a Toyora or Kia. Much more reliable.
No!

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/jeep-cherokee.htm

CR rates the Saburu Forester as the top vehicle in this class. Jeep is 13th of 16.
I have the most expensive dodge they make and it's in the shop for electrical stuff all the time. They do cover it but sucks. So no matter the price it will be in the shop if it's a dodge, Chrysler, Jeep
Two years ago I was sure I wanted to buy a Cherokee and I spent months researching it , and I tested drove it twice. I even had a deposit put down on one before I pulled out of the deal and got a it refunded.

The information I found out was that the Cherokee is not a good vehicle. The transmission is bad and it has many other shortcomings. You can read about the details on various automobile blog websites.
The Cherokee looks good and drives ok but it's not well designed, stay away from it.

I think most people that know much about cars know that Chrysler has a poor reputation for reliability and customer service. The two Jeeps that seem to be somewhat of an exception to that are the Wrangler and the Grand Cherokee. Both of those have a fairly good reputation, but it's still Chrysler. I didn't end up getting a Jeep but if I did I would get a Wrangler. Tara you would look great in a Wrangler, big boobs with big tires.

Toyota, Nissan, Subaru, all have a great reputation for quality and customer service at a middle level price range. Take your time, research and test drive.
Good luck
I currently own a 2012 Overland and Love it!! In my op you cant go wrong.