kind of a strange request

Hi everybody, I live in Houston and will be taking a trip to Dallas/Fort worth with lots of downtime. Of course I will be hobbying. but what I want to know is are there any nice fishing lakes in the area? Prefer to rent a boat, but I do have a little one I can haul out there. What is a good place not too far away ?

Thanks in advance.
Lake Ray Hubbard is nice.
Book a guide on Lake Fork . . .if you're actually serious about the fishing.
Take your pick between Ray Hubbard, Lewisville and Ray Roberts.

Ray Roberts will be the most quiet to fish, but its 40 minutes away.
Lewisville is the closest but by far the most busy.
Ray Hubbard is a tweener.... a little busy but relatively close.

I keep my boat on Ray Roberts. The extra 20 minutes is a small price to fish a quiet lake.
Lake Lavon...more of a fishing lake...but not sure how low it may be. I haven't been out there in a while. I had my own boat...so never tried to rent one near there.
Lavon is too low to fish. The marina is in 12" of water... Literally
I have a great idea!

Let's go fishing & fool around on the boat enjoying.... DATY, BBBJ & GFE All Inclusive !!

Now that is my idea of a great way to fish baby! I love to night fish too even better!!

XOXO,
Just south of Dallas you will find Joe Poole Lake (its actually in Grand Prairie) and Lynn Creek Marina rents boats. Bass are just coming off the spawn and fishing has been great!
GCB, my kind of woman!
GCB.... You might have found yourself a date!
Fun in the Sun!
Thanks for the replies I will do some looking. Gonna keep the lobbying and fishing separate.
I'm not sure about the quality of the fishing sport, but I have an accessible incall right on Lake Worth with a boat slip, dock, and of course, lodging suitable for a romantic interlude. I used it back in the summer quite a few times. Electronic security gates and an awesome view.
Come to Joe Pool Lake I am right around the corner sweetie!
Possom Kingdom