The world's biggest sucker

This is a tale of a very convoluted attempt to meet a provider (Because the tale includes mention of medical issues, I don't think I can name her.). This was the biggest disaster I have seen in the hobby, and I am certain I will never see another such fiasco. It is difficult to write this, because I am embarrassed to have allowed myself to be dragged through this. Enjoy the read.

I was going to be in Decatur for a weekend in September, so I scheduled an outcall at my hotel for Friday night. I no longer have all the details from that weekend, but the key events follow.

When Friday night rolled around, she let me know she was on her way. She sent me a text later telling me that she had a flat tire in the middle of nowhere. She found someone to help her change it, but she had the wrong spare. She called a service and had to wait for them to arrive and fix the tire.
Once she was back on the road, she ended up getting lost and got pulled over and ticketed. She never made it to my hotel.

We decided to try again Saturday. She had a wreck on the way to Decatur and ended up in the hospital. She sent me a picture of the police report to prove that she wasn't making up the accident.

----------

I had a Vegas trip scheduled two weeks later, so we agreed she would go with me to make up for the weekend. I sent her some money to buy her ticket and cover child care expenses. During the week before the trip, she was back in the hospital from the accident. Meanwhile her trusted friend took that money from her account. Since I was already in for a few hundred, I sent her plane fare again so she could book her flight.
On the day of travel, she was scheduled on a later flight than I was because there were no seats on my flight. She missed her flight because her ID was expired and TSA needed to do extra checks. She got rescheduled on a later flight but she passed out and was taken back to the hospital. Apparently she wasn't cleared by the doctor to travel.

----------

During the next week, I helped her out a little with some expenses because she couldn't work. Yes, I let pity get to me!

When she was better, we agreed to have an overnight visit on my next trip to Decatur a couple weeks later. We scheduled an outcall for 3:00pm Friday at my hotel in Decatur. This is a timeline of nightmare that followed:

Friday
1:30pm She texted that she overslept and will be at my hotel at 4:00pm.
3:20pm She texted that she's running late and just getting ready to leave.
5:30pm I texted asking if she is OK. She responded that there was a wreck in Denton and traffic sucked, but she was coming as fast as she could.
7:00pm I texted with no response.
7:15pm I texted indicating that this is beginning to feel like the last time.
7:30pm She texted saying that she got a ticket and will let me know when she's 5 minutes away.
9:00pm I texted asking what's wrong because every map says it is <40 minutes drive. She responded that she had decided to wait because of traffic and would be here by 10:30pm. I told her it is too late now and I am pissed because she had spent the last 6 hours telling me that she was on the way.
Fortunately, I was able to go to the office and work during this waiting, so the day was not completely lost.

Saturday
10:00am She texted saying she was sorry and wanted to make it up to me. I told her I'd be back at the hotel at midnight and can stay later in the morning. She agreed.
8:00pm I texted to confirm midnight. She agreed.
9:30pm I texted to confirm again. She agreed.
11:45pm I texted to see if she was on her way.
Midnight She texted saying she fell asleep and is leaving right now.
1:20am, 2:00am, 2:40am I text to see what's going on. No responses.

8:30am I text again to see if there is any response. None.
I have not heard a peep from her since.

This was an expensive lesson. There is a lot that can be taken away from this story, the most significant of which is that I was a true sucker. Once I had experienced the first failure, I was unable to cut my losses, and I ended up investing more and more trying to get something positive out of the experience.

I am sorry to have enabled such behavior. I know this just encourages it.
You have to name her... Yes your at fault but so is she.
If I am reading this right she flaked on you and after she did you send her $$ and more $$ even after she kept flaking on you??

Wtf man, you realize she never intended on seeing you and was milking you for more and more $$ until you stopped sending it then she was off to her next mark.
you are the world's biggest Sucker.. what in the world were you thinking? you weren't, obviously.. in all sincerity, I think you should see a Therapist to find out why you let yourself be treated that way, and what your true motivation was for grasping at hope.

it took a big man to admit it here.. congratulations for that.
I had a simpler situation happen to me several years ago. I wonder if it the season women.....
Good God!that was painful to read
Wow, im so sorry you were dragged through the mud like that!
  • BLM69
  • 10-16-2015, 12:30 AM
Sorry to say this but you're the biggest sucker this month, who is this provider that gave you the dozen excuses? She sounds like a major train wreck but it's funny story to laugh at.
Just shameful.
  • slap
  • 10-16-2015, 03:19 AM
Terrible...

Name and shame!!!
Hot Mess
[In my best Simon Cowell voice] You are, without a doubt, the worst sucker in the world. You have managed to defeat, all OTHER suckers in the entire world. Bar none. You are, clearly, the undefeated, undisputed world champion of suckers. I never want to see you again...ever.

Do you understand that.

Lol. I'm only kidding. I just said all that for entertainment purposes.

Yeah, we all play the sucker on some level at some point. Admittedly, that was a lot, not only cash consuming, but time as well. Shit, you could've banged 2-3 other girls in that span.

I think, for the sake of all hobbykind, you have to say who it is.
Pathetic...

I think, for the sake of all hobbykind, you have to say who it is. Originally Posted by Rambro Creed
+1
Greek tragedy - Jesus