Twitter and Facebook

If you feel it's censorship for these tech companies to ban people who they feel don't follow their rules. Is it then censorship for sites, like ECCIE, to ban people who they feel don't follow their rules?
Censorship comes from the government. Private companies can choose their clients. Remember the bakery vs gay wedding case?
It is censorship if I'm kicked out of starbucks for stripping.

It is censorship if I'm kicked out of a mall if I start to do some heil hitler speech.

It is censorship if I get banned from joe's website for inciting people to shoot others.

That is all 100% legal. They are all private platforms.

The type of free speech that is protected is that on a public forum. So if you go to the capitol and peacefully protest, 100% legal. They can't stop you, unless you are being disruptive or violent.

It is 100% legal for them to ban you from twitter if you are a twatter. Twitter isn't the government. An individual person owns twitter. They can kick you out of their house, off of their property, or out of their website.

I can't stand people going 'but muh fre speach!!' when they are using private platforms to be racist on.

Not until there is twitter.gov and facebook.gov.
False strawman but I expected nothing less
False strawman but I expected nothing less Originally Posted by berryberry
That reply makes no sense, afraid to answer the Question? you seem to have a strong opinion in another thread.
That reply makes no sense, afraid to answer the Question? you seem to have a strong opinion in another thread. Originally Posted by jmichael
It is a false strawman

1. Twitter and Facebook did NOT just ban people for breaking their rules. They banned people for their political idealogy. No rules were broken for the vast majority of conservatives banned

2. Amazon, Google and Apple did NOT conspire to remove Parler from the internet because Parler broke any rules. They conspired to remove Parler because they wanted to ban conservative free speech
It is a false strawman

1. Twitter and Facebook did NOT just ban people for breaking their rules. They banned people for their political idealogy. No rules were broken for the vast majority of conservatives banned

2. Amazon, Google and Apple did NOT conspire to remove Parler from the internet because Parler broke any rules. They conspired to remove Parler because they wanted to ban conservative free speech Originally Posted by berryberry
Provide proof and evidence. Make your case, instead of just your usual bitching.
Another persecuted conservative 🙄 there’s no sense arguing with them, they live in their own world.
Provide proof and evidence. Make your case, instead of just your usual bitching. Originally Posted by HDGristle
I have given examples. Just in the last couple days, two congresswomen were removed from Twitter. Only after some media found out and raised a stink did Twitter let one back on saying they removed her "in error". The other is currently "suspended" .

The problem is when Twitter purges 70,000 conservative accounts many people don't realize who all have been purged unless they are public figures or well known personalities or someone you follow closely

As to Parler, I provided plenty of proof and evidence.

The problem is the liberals here are consumed with hatred and cheer this censorship on rather than recognizing it as an assault on the rights of all Americans
The problem with confirmation bias is that you only need to see a few to create a causal link that suits your narrative. Then beat your chest as being correct. When you see ghosts and goblins everywhere to begin with, every bump in the night becomes proof they exist instead of some of you being able to accept alternate options.
If you feel it's censorship for these tech companies to ban people who they feel don't follow their rules. Is it then censorship for sites, like ECCIE, to ban people who they feel don't follow their rules? Originally Posted by jmichael
The problem is not that they are banning people that dont follow the rules, the problem is that they are not following their own guidelines for everyone across the board. Only certain people with certain ideas are targeted.
It is a false strawman

2. Amazon, Google and Apple did NOT conspire to remove Parler from the internet because Parler broke any rules. They conspired to remove Parler because they wanted to ban conservative free speech Originally Posted by berryberry
1. Millions of conservatives and cult members still post on FB every day. In fact, I just read a rant from a cult member today, so for you to say that they banned people for their political ideology is simply a lie, and like your hero, it's one of many that you've told in recent months.

2. You have absolutely no evidence that those companies conspired together, and once again, all of them still have millions of examples of conservative speech, so you're just making shit up, or probably more accurately, parroting lies.

It really is a Cult of Ignorance. In my entire life, I've never seen anything like it.
The problem isn't that twitter or Facebook ban people, it's that twitter and Facebook are too big. They control too much of social media. If we had 30 twitters and facebooks or we had an open protocols for our own facebook or twitter 'feeds' (like email), there would be no problem.
The problem with confirmation bias is that you only need to see a few to create a causal link that suits your narrative. Then beat your chest as being correct. When you see ghosts and goblins everywhere to begin with, every bump in the night becomes proof they exist instead of some of you being able to accept alternate options. Originally Posted by HDGristle
As I said - The problem is the liberals here are consumed with hatred and cheer this censorship on rather than recognizing it as an assault on the rights of all Americans. Thanks for proving it over and over
1. Millions of conservatives and cult members still post on FB every day. In fact, I just read a rant from a cult member today, so for you to say that they banned people for their political ideology is simply a lie, and like your hero, it's one of many that you've told in recent months.

2. You have absolutely no evidence that those companies conspired together, and once again, all of them still have millions of examples of conservative speech, so you're just making shit up, or probably more accurately, parroting lies.

It really is a Cult of Ignorance. In my entire life, I've never seen anything like it. Originally Posted by 1pittsburgh
Oh look - just as I stated - more proof that the problem is the liberals here are consumed with hatred and cheer this censorship on rather than recognizing it as an assault on the rights of all Americans.

1. Just because some conservatives have not been purged from Twitter or censored doesn't mean that over 70,000 weren't.

2. You obviously have a comprehension issue if you can't understand the evidence showing how Google, Apple and Amazon conspired to remove Parler from the internet in order to silence opposing opinions. All while Amazon was selling shirts that say "Kill All Republicans"