Discretion in Sharing of Information - Be Careful

• bbkid
  • 01-19-2010, 07:26 AM
Now that we've all (kinda) settled in to this new site, I've been observing alot of info flying around, rather loosely in my opinion.

Guys and gals, this is a PERFECT opportunity for LE to further their penetration into our world. Be careful who you share information with. Just because you "knew" "Joe-Bob" and "Honey-Ho" on the old site does NOT necessarily mean that is who you are communicating with here on ECCIE.

It would be quite simple for someone to use an old aspd name and register here using it.

Just my thoughts. Probably being paranoid but thought I would mention what I've seen.
Now that we've all (kinda) settled in to this new site, I've been observing alot of info flying around, rather loosely in my opinion.

Guys and gals, this is a PERFECT opportunity for LE to further their penetration into our world. Be careful who you share information with. Just because you "knew" "Joe-Bob" and "Honey-Ho" on the old site does NOT necessarily mean that is who you are communicating with here on ECCIE.

It would be quite simple for someone to use an old aspd name and register here using it.

Just my thoughts. Probably being paranoid but thought I would mention what I've seen. Originally Posted by bbkid
Good point.
However I don't think some of these asshole's posting styles could be imitated. *cough*dearhunter*cough*
Paranoid is good right now. Recent events have made things bad enough, but many ladies will be especially vulnerable as business slows in the tight post-Christmas economy. Be vigilant, ladies, and don't relax your screening for ANYONE.
Bbkid,

I just posted a topic about this in the ladies area. I agree 100%. It would be allll too easy for someone to steal someone's old identity and say, "oh yeah, I'm so and so from the old board. . ." Be careful out there, everyone!
I agree and this is the type of thread that needs bumped to the front page often.

Just my thoughts. Probably being paranoid but thought I would mention what I've seen. Originally Posted by bbkid
bump,
and the fact is you need to be careful even if some of the ol' ASPDers are who they say are. We had a bit of an infestation.
even if I changed my screen name everyone would know it's me because of my poor grammer, spelling and the use of "....."

What bothers me the most is people here that have changed screen names and ask me for information. I have no idea who they are and I'm not inclined to help them.
even if I changed my screen name everyone would know it's me because of my poor grammer, spelling and the use of "....." Originally Posted by tbone2u
lol...same hear

I wonder if there is some evil genius posting as Sofia....
even if I changed my screen name everyone would know it's me because of my poor grammer, spelling and the use of "....." Originally Posted by tbone2u

and your affinity for very large ladies.
now that's cold
lol...same hear

I wonder if there is some evil genius posting as Sofia.... Originally Posted by Elephant
I confess...............
I didn't know Honey Ho even on the old site
I didn't know Honey Ho even on the old site Originally Posted by Htowner
I thought it was Heidi Ho?
Honey has always been sweeter than Heidi.

Did that paranoia set in before or after you told me about that day you spent with all those "purdy farm animals," bbkid?

Not to worry - this TexasGator won't tell a soul.