Pittsburgh's Greatest Sports Hero

... G'day Sporting people,

This is another great thread... And rather direct.

WHO - in yer opinion - is Pittsburgh's Greatest sports hero.

And WHY?

... Have a go, mates!

#### Salty
Bruno Sammartino
... Hmmmm... Surely know-of him, mate.
Wrestling Champion for many years.

And a rather stalwart citizen and representative
for the city!

### Salty
Roberto Clemente.
I don’t have heroes. But Pittsburgh has many sports legends. Josh Gibson was an Icon. A tragic one. Probably a better power hitter than the great Bambino. He never got his chance at the Big Leagues. He died a broken man. Arnold Palmer, the King. Clemente, no question. Lemieux, for sure. These guys are iconic. Pittsburgh has a rich sports history. Many greats were born here or played here.
... How 'bout Paul Spadafora? .... I'm told that
he could surely hit hard.

### Salty
Spadafora is near the top of my list of overhyped bums
The great one, Clemente
And Mario

I would put them 1a and 1 b

Arnie 2
Johnny Weissmuller. Born in Windber Pa. Olympic gold medalist. Was a real swinger in his later days.
Johnny Weissmuller. Born in Windber Pa. Olympic gold medalist. Was a real swinger in his later days. Originally Posted by flows-with-water
So was Arnie. That’s why they called him the King.
Bambino I was referring to his Tarzan days. I thought you’d get that but regardless good for Arnie.
Coming from an outsider. Id have to say that its overwhelmingly Roberto Clemente.
Bambino I was referring to his Tarzan days. I thought you’d get that but regardless good for Arnie. Originally Posted by flows-with-water
I did miss his “latter” days. Suffice it to say, neither had a problem getting laid!!!!!
Coming from an outsider. Id have to say that its overwhelmingly Roberto Clemente. Originally Posted by winn dixie
My first fuck lived 8 houses away from Clemente. So, I got that going for me!
Kurt Angle