Lower oil prices a threat to Texas economy

http://m.news4sanantonio.com/news/Ex...eredirect=true

Junk-Bond Worries Spread Beyond Oil Originally Posted by SEE3772
... and Oklahoma, Louisiana, Wyoming, North Dakota ...
... and Oklahoma, Louisiana, Wyoming, North Dakota ... Originally Posted by I B Hankering
People are rejoicing over cheap gas. When they get laid off, they won't have to worry about gas at all.
People are rejoicing over cheap gas. When they get laid off, you won't have to worry about gas at all. Originally Posted by Jackie S
And cheap sugar imported from Cuba won't help Texas, Louisiana and Hawaii. Odumbo might need to reconsider where he is retiring to.
LMFAO are you dipshits claiming you are against capitalism????
LMFAO are you dipshits claiming you are against capitalism???? Originally Posted by i'va biggen
When did Comrade Castro designate Cuba to be a "capitalist" state, Eatkum the Inbred Chimp?
When did Comrade Castro designate Cuba to be a "capitalist" state, Eatkum the Inbred Chimp? Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Simple fuck read the Op not your hijack.
Simple fuck read the Op not your hijack. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
When did Comrade Castro designate Cuba to be a "capitalist" state, Eatkum the Inbred Chimp?
The idea that cheap gas prices hurt the economy is a common economic fallacy. It's never good to pay high prices for anything. High fuel costs lead to higher prices for almost every other item. Follow the link for a far more in-depth discussion (and better explanation) than I can provide in a simple forum post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOZJ6EOwBk0
The idea that cheap gas prices hurt the economy is a common economic fallacy. It's never good to pay high prices for anything. High fuel costs lead to higher prices for almost every other item. Follow the link for a far more in-depth discussion (and better explanation) than I can provide in a simple forum post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOZJ6EOwBk0 Originally Posted by sailorman1980
It will hurt the economies of the states already listed. In those states, high paying jobs will be cut which will lead to unemployment for individuals working in that sector, and that will lead to decreased tax revenue from those individuals, and the companies they worked for, going into those states' coffers.
When did Comrade Castro designate Cuba to be a "capitalist" state, Eatkum the Inbred Chimp? Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Right after you sucked his dick to CIM he converted.
Right after you sucked his dick to CIM he converted. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Where's your citation documenting where Comrade Castro designated Cuba to be a "capitalist" state, Eatkum the Inbred Chimp?
EVA, will you pull your head out of your ass before you post?

Texas is rolling in jobs and money because of the oil boom as are many states around it. Lower oil prices tend to dampen that economy BUT will it hurt it in a big enough way to really hurt it? According to Larry Kudlow probably not. Yes, some hiring may slow, some jobs may disappear but it is so much cheaper and easier to drill for oil today than it was 10 years ago. The overhead and is not so much. He had an expert who says it cost only one and half million dollars to drill a fracking oil well today and they are very certain to actually hit oil. What is that word that the Obama crowd keeps using....oh, yes "robust". Growth in Texas may slow but it will still be "robust" and more "robust" than the general US economy.
its already having an effect on long range planning, I heard BP is cutting or already cut 500 jobs in the Houston area
You can always offer to pay more for your gas.