Vampire Gloves

Are vampire gloves intended to draw blood, hence their name? Does anyone have any experience with these?
Though they can definitely be used to draw blood, they are more of a sensory play item. Typically, they are made out of leather gloves with a number of somewhat sharp pins in the fingertips, the whole length of the fingers, or the fingers + the palm of the hand.

They produce a range of sensations. Drawn across the skin, it can be anything from a ticklish sensation at the lightest range, to a scratching sensation, or even with a large amount of force a cutting/tearing sensation.

They can also be used in impact play, though one does have to be careful as going a bit too hard can definitely prick the skin in a fairly large area. I've been spanked by someone wearing them, and while the force was way below what I could handle, the sharp sensation definitely made a difference.

There are also metal nail extensions that are similar to Wolverine's claws that people can wear. These can be anything from a simple nail (a smaller version of what you would use in wood) to full-blown knife edges A La Freddy Kreuger. Those are used in edge play, play involving sharp objects, not edging play which is keeping someone on the edge of an orgasm. Although I was once masturbated by a Domme wearing vampire gloves - a unique experience to say the least!

Then there are prosthetic vampire teeth that one can purchase of varying quality at varying prices, from dime-store plastic novelty items to custom-made tooth caps of a temporary or permanent nature.
I have never thought of vampire gloves as being things to draw blood although at a workshop awhile back, there was talk about it. Sounds overly messy to me!

There are also fuzzy bear claws. Premise is the same. It's the sensation of fur, in this case fake fur, and the sharpness of the claws on the top of the paw.

All of this stuff is considered sensation play, like badbottom stated.

I have some of those nails that he was speaking of. Got them at kink kollege last year. They're fun. Sortof sharp but not THAT sharp.

Enough to make a man gasp if your squeeze his testicles with those nail tips on!

Grin!
There are also fuzzy bear claws. Premise is the same. It's the sensation of fur, in this case fake fur, and the sharpness of the claws on the top of the paw. Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
Reminds one of the lyrics to Bare Necessities:

Now when you pick a pawpaw Or a prickly pear And you prick a raw paw Next time beware Don't pick the prickly pear by the paw When you pick a pear Try to use the claw But you don't need to use the claw When you pick a pear of the big pawpaw Have I given you a clue ?
Enough to make a man gasp if your squeeze his testicles with those nail tips on!

Grin! Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
Oh, EW, bring it on!
I appreciate the info, I didn't think it would be that drastic but you never know until you ask.
If you like the scratching feeling, go to a music store and buy some banjo picks. They are pretty cheap and make great alternative to vampire gloves.