Is SXSW a good weekend to visit?

I am one of those rare treasures that will actually exceed your expectations in possible every way. If you are looking for a classy, intelligent, tall, busty, sensual, sophisticated, open-minded, sweet, companion to fill your days with fun and stimulating conversation, you've found her...I'm thinking about visiting and just not sure when! I was thinking SXSW weekend would be good but since I'm not a local I'm not sure...if not that weekend then the plan was to tour Texas towards the end of the month! I'm looking forward to coming regardless the date and can't wait to see what TX has to offer!
absolutely...... drop on by.... Fleabag hotels start around $200 a night and most of the rooms within a 30 mile radius are sold out but don't let that stop you..... nor the fact that we have plenty of whores like you in the mix already...... always room for 1 more......

try Georgetown for last minute rooms on hotwire.com.....
  • Toyz
  • 03-13-2015, 12:03 AM
Please excuse Whispers, hes our designated "Welcome Wagon" for out of town guests. He'll be dropping by later to give you some complimentary mints and toiletries...

Please tip him well...
  • ztonk
  • 03-13-2015, 12:25 AM
In all seriousness, you don't have a chance in hell of getting a hotel in Austin during SXSW at this point...

z
I had a last minute room wasn't horrible if u can afford the room rates you will do great if newbie friendly even more so.
Please excuse Whispers, hes our designated "Welcome Wagon" for out of town guests. HEY! I'm trying to be neighborly! He'll be dropping by later to give you some complimentary mints and toiletries...

Please tip him well... Originally Posted by Toyz
Cash only! No CC's or trade accepted here.
I saw on the news a hotel downtown or near downtown is $600+ a night now..
You would be better off dropping in last minute, unplanned without a reservation, during the Formula One racing weekend or during Austin City Limits events, or during football weekends in the Fall.

There is a rumor that Still Looking has an old Motor Home that he might let you borrow if you will allow him a few sexy photos and a quickie. You could most likely park the Motor Home at the Walmart, but there would be no utility hookup for electricity or water.

Seriously, ATX is a great place to visit, but you need to plan ahead during busy weekends: UT Football Game days, SXSW, ACL, Formula One Race events.

Avoid Williamson County at all costs to include Round Rock and Georgetown because of very active LE.
unless you are dead set on getting a hotel downtown (which is unlikely) there are plenty of rooms to be found. As far as work, I imagine it might be really hit of miss as the "fest" goers will be looking for the better party but everyone else might need to find some fun too!
I've got a friend Frank who is lead singer for the group Sorosprfbs. You might have heard his hit song "I LOVE YOU wALL". He is egotistical, but otherwise a musical genius. He got depressed when his cross dressing performance bombed at sxsw last year,but is back now on the advice of his psychologist. If you can play keyboard backup and are an excellent French kisser, he said that he would let you stay with the band.
In all seriousness, you don't have a chance in hell of getting a hotel in Austin during SXSW at this point...

z Originally Posted by ztonk
+1
Even up in north Austin, near P'ville, hotels are about 300 a night.
IF you can find one at all, they will be expensive. But then again, you might be kept busy if you are newbie friendly and short term notice.
3-4 isn't that horrible finding depending on how busy you are. Probably some ladies willing to share.
Sxsw sucks. Too crowded. Too much traffic. And you will not find a hotel.
Sxsw sucks. Too crowded. Too much traffic. And you will not find a hotel. Originally Posted by rapcat
Like my Grandpa said: If the music is too loud, you're too old.

ETA: a 20 second search showed several triangle hotels for the 175-275 range.
sxsw isn't near as big this year as last, apparently you kill a few people and everyone freaks out and stays home.