Apt. fire...

While normally not one to bitch n moan about my situation I have to vent. Some fucktard started a fire at my apt complex, and while my apr did not burn to the ground it got some major smoke n moisture damage. Looks like I won't be going to work for a few days n have to wash anything that's not ruined. Now I'm not going to say "pray for me." Just please watch the fuck what you're doing if you live in an apt. cause if you fuck up you're just not screwing over your life but your neighbors. I'll miss my expensive electronic shit already.
  • Dad
  • 02-19-2011, 09:01 AM
Don't forget to check with your insurance agent(s).
Yeah, & I thought my parents we paranoid when they told me to get renters insurance.
When I was buying renter's insurance it was because I was afraid of getting robbed. I imagine smoke damage infests every single thing you own. Sorry for your loss, Goat.
To quote Ghostbusters, "It smells like barbequed dog hair."
Were you in there when it was burning? Man, there's nothing like a housefire to get you running in circles not knowing which way is up and how in hell do I get outta here. Burn up your stale adrenaline fast.
Sorry to hear that Goat. Hope you get things back to normal soon. Now quit your bitching and moaning and go get laid!
Well I'm glad you're okay and that's the best thing.
Where would we be without G.O.A.T ?
  • Satin
  • 02-19-2011, 07:35 PM
G, sorry to hear that bro but I'm glad you're ok. If you need somewhere to stay, you're welcome here. But just know you'll have to stay up all night partying with strippers...lol.
I might have to fake an apt fire so satino will let me hang there with all the strippers lmao

Seriously GOAT I'm sorry to hear about that man and I am glad you are safe.....
Sorry to hear that. Glad YOU are safe most of all GOAT!
G.O.A.T. that really does suck, the electronics most of all, see if you can get a case discount on Febreze; seriously glad you are okay the physical stuff is just that stuff. Washing more than once and a small amount of bleach seems to help, we are saying like a cap full when the washer is full of water. Pre soaking isn't a bad plan either, vinegar and baking soda are amazing.

Google is always your friend, there are lots of interesting ideas from oven cleaner to what in the hell would that do... if the electronics were not powered on, then they may be salvageable distilled water and a blow dryer.
G, sorry to hear that bro but I'm glad you're ok. If you need somewhere to stay, you're welcome here. But just know you'll have to stay up all night partying with strippers...lol. Originally Posted by Satino

I burned my frozen pizza last night and now my kitchen smells.. can i come stay with you for a few months?
  • bbkid
  • 02-20-2011, 06:52 AM
Sorry to hear about that, G. Hope you can settle up with your insurance company and get most of your stuff replaced.
Sorry to hear of your misfortune, G! Your point is noted; too many think only of themselves and not of the ramifications to others innocent of wrongdoing or momentary thoughtlessness.

Hope things are salvageable to the extent needed. But above all, remember, it's all just stuff - mostly replaceable. Human life and health, on the other hand, are paramount.