I am moving!!! :)

• Emmie
  • 06-06-2014, 07:17 PM
Hey everyone! I hope y'all are enjoying your Friday night! I am moving next week... YIPPY!!!! I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on where to get cute yet affordable furnishings? Any and all help would be great!

Emmie
Congrats girl! I don't know of any places like that, but have a safe move here
  • Emmie
  • 06-06-2014, 07:50 PM
Thanks girl! I am really excited, looking forward to moving up north! I've been driving around trying to figure out my way around!!
I still don't know how to get anywhere and I've been here two years now.. I am so directionally challenged lol.. I go by buildings.. turn left at the mc d's and such.. they tear something down or add something and my map gets fucked lol are you talking nkc? that's the area I am in and I love it
  • Emmie
  • 06-06-2014, 07:54 PM
Yep, nkc is where I am heading!
Oh thank gawd! Thought you were switching states!

What is your budget?
Nebraska furniture mart has some great stuff, pier one just to name a few
  • Emmie
  • 06-06-2014, 08:08 PM
Oh thank gawd! Thought you were switching states!

What is your budget?
Nebraska furniture mart has some great stuff, pier one just to name a few Originally Posted by Grizzly
No babe, I am definitely staying in KC!!! I am going to go to NFM, but didn't know if anyone else had any other ideas!
Hobby Lobby !
I got all of my furniture at NFM. Love that place!! The prices are actually pretty reasonable too.

I once found a decorative chest online at Overstock, and fell in love with it. When the chest arrived, it looked like someone had taken a hammer to it. It was totally destroyed. Called Overstock, they sent another out to me. Second one arrived, it looked just as bad as the first, so I gave up. Sent them both back and got my money back. I was just really sad that they couldn't seem to ship a simple chest without destroying it.

A few weeks later, I walked into NFM and saw the exact chest that I had fallen in love with on Overstock. It was in perfect condition AND the price at NFM was almost half what Overstock had charged for it. Epic WIN!!!!!!
  • Emmie
  • 06-06-2014, 08:42 PM
Hobby Lobby ! Originally Posted by kcguykc
Great idea!! I never thought of that!
  • Emmie
  • 06-06-2014, 08:44 PM
I got all of my furniture at NFM. Love that place!! The prices are actually pretty reasonable too.

I once found a decorative chest online at Overstock, and fell in love with it. When the chest arrived, it looked like someone had taken a hammer to it. It was totally destroyed. Called Overstock, they sent another out to me. Second one arrived, it looked just as bad as the first, so I gave up. Sent them both back and got my money back. I was just really sad that they couldn't seem to ship a simple chest without destroying it.

A few weeks later, I walked into NFM and saw the exact chest that I had fallen in love with on Overstock. It was in perfect condition AND the price at NFM was almost half what Overstock had charged for it. Epic WIN!!!!!! Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh
Score!!! Sins that is great!!!
Darn it, I wish you ladies would stop moving north of the river... I don't like playing in my own yard.

Just kidding... hope you have a great move.

As for finding some real deals, try goodwill and salvation army...
shopping there is like hunting for treasure and I have found some real gems there.
  • Emmie
  • 06-06-2014, 09:05 PM
Darn it, I wish you ladies would stop moving north of the river... I don't like playing in my own yard.

Just kidding... hope you have a great move.

As for finding some real deals, try goodwill and salvation army...
shopping there is like hunting for treasure and I have found some real gems there. Originally Posted by ElumEno
Any spots in particular that you have found your gems?
Bargin barn by n oak tfwy and 72. Got a couch and love seat for 400
  • Emmie
  • 06-06-2014, 09:24 PM
Bargin barn by n oak tfwy and 72. Got a couch and love seat for 400 Originally Posted by motodrag
Wow, thanks!