Wilco

In the past, Wilco has gotten a well deserved reputation as being draconian as to questionable prosecution and law enforcement over-agression and irregularities on several levels.

With the wrongful prosecution of Michael Moore, who spent some 25-years behind bars due to an over-zealous prosecutor, and the very public issues related to many officials in their criminal justice system over the recent years, I wonder if it continues to be the feared place that it has been?

Having stated that, today, there was an article in The Austin American Statesman about some poor kid who was arrested for selling (edited mention of drugs..staff) brownies laced with (edited drug reference..staff) oil. Police searched his residence and/or abode/place of business and found a large quantity of (edited drug reference) oil. They are charging the guy with laws that could imprison him for life. The article stated that he has no priors.

I think that I will still avoid Wilco until further notice.
I Always avoid wilco
Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Williamson County man actually innocent of drug possession where lab found no drugs existed: Habeas relief granted

Actual innocence claims come in a variety of stripes. Joey Ray Carabajal was convicted in Williamson County of possession of a controlled substance and sentenced to two years imprisonment. In an opinion issued February 26, the Court of Criminal Appeals granted habeas corpus relief, declaring:
After Applicant pleaded guilty and was sentenced, a lab report from the Department of Public Safety revealed that the substance Applicant possessed contained no controlled substances. Applicant alleges that the lab report shows that he is actually innocent of possession of a controlled substance.

The trial court determined that the lab report shows that the "thick purple liquid" Applicant possessed contained no controlled substances. The trial court concluded that Applicant established by clear and convincing evidence that no reasonable trier of fact would have convicted him in light of the new evidence, which demonstrates that he is actually innocent. The trial court recommends granting relief and the State does not oppose granting relief. Applicant is entitled to relief.
Maybe prosecutors ought to actually have the drugs tested before shipping defendants off to prison
You still hear stories of LE in wilco doing questionable things things. I
You still hear stories of LE in wilco doing questionable things things. I... Originally Posted by sunspots
This is what happens when you criticize LE in Wilco. You get arrested in the middle of writing a forum post!
I prefer to live in Wilco (low crime, better schools, less congestion, etc) and hobby in Travis (more permissive legal atmosphere, better looking chicks, more fun establishments, etc).

For me, it is the perfect arrangement.
I would never live in Wilco.. they might put me in jail for 25 years for a crime I did not commit... doh!
I prefer to live in Wilco (low crime, better schools, less congestion, etc) and hobby in Travis (more permissive legal atmosphere, better looking chicks, more fun establishments, etc).

For me, it is the perfect arrangement. Originally Posted by TerraFirma
HAD BETTER SCHOOLS

I graduated from a wilco school there were all races of kids

Now it is 76% Hispanic at my previous middle school

And the graduation drop out rate has more than doubled what it was when I went

The town has outgrown itsself but LE is growing with it FYI
These sorts of threads always make me want to blow Jeff Tweedy. Sigh.
I'm glad I'm not the only one whose mind goes to music first when seeing the thread title.

http://youtu.be/vQkz_sGmQZ4