Desoto/Duncanville??

I normally stay in the Mansfield/Arlington area.
I have worked all over the metroplex in my many years of living and visiting here but have never visited The Desoto area. I do not think so anyway.
However I have a function in the area. When I google the area it has warnings up how bad of a place it is and one of the worst places to live. hmmmmmmmmm
Surly Not. Maybe? Any good safe spots, night life? I would love to stay a few days after my function. But.... I am a little concerned
Desoto is not terrible as far as safety. Not a good area for biz and not high on the list for night life. Arlington has much more activity.
Thank you sugar...
Sad about the business part. But I van always pack up get in car and ho a few miles change hotels, JUST did not want to do that ugh.
Majichands, in the early 80’s DeSoto had the highest median per capita household income in the State...Then the Black Flight, and a lot of the Black Trash with it, from Oak Cliff and South Dallas took over the Lancaster, DeSoto, Duncanville, Cedar Hill communities and White Flight resulted in those very low key, stable communities. The old Red Bird Shopping Mall (nicknamed BlackBird Mall) near the Hwy 67, I-20 Junction went to shit very quickly after it was built and had numerous muggings, even rapes, on it’s grounds during this time period.

If a provider conducts business from these areas she is generally black, ghetto and pimped, but I have gone to that area numerous times to meet black providers, but my radar was always on high alert...If a white girl works that area it is most definitely assumed she is Pimped, sorry, but that is what comes with that territory which is now considered The Hood.

There is no night life to speak of there or great, off the chain eateries there, that I know of, and the I-20/Hwy 67 corridor and motels are very high risk due to pimps, hookers, drug dealers and thieves making their living in that part of town. Safe to say maybe the worst in the Dallas area.

My father’s business was in Oak Cliff so that area was a 2nd home for me in a lot of ways back in the day and I love Mansfield and play in a couple of amateur tennis tournaments there every year but I consider it too far to Hobby in. It reminds me of the low key, bedroom type communities the Lancaster, DeSoto, Duncanville, Cedar Hill cities were, back in the day!
Majichands, in the early 80’s DeSoto had the highest median per capita household income in the State...Then the Black Flight, and a lot of the Black Trash with it, from Oak Cliff and South Dallas took over the Lancaster, DeSoto, Duncanville, Cedar Hill communities and White Flight resulted in those very low key, stable communities. The old Red Bird Shopping Mall (nicknamed BlackBird Mall) near the Hwy 67, I-20 Junction went to shit very quickly after it was built and had numerous muggings, even rapes, on it’s grounds during this time period.

If a provider conducts business from these areas she is generally black, ghetto and pimped, but I have gone to that area numerous times to meet black providers, but my radar was always on high alert...If a white girl works that area it is most definitely assumed she is Pimped, sorry, but that is what comes with that territory which is now considered The Hood.

There is no night life to speak of there or great, off the chain eateries there, that I know of, and the I-20/Hwy 67 corridor and motels are very high risk due to pimps, hookers, drug dealers and thieves making their living in that part of town. Safe to say maybe the worst in the Dallas area.

My father’s business was in Oak Cliff so that area was a 2nd home for me in a lot of ways back in the day and I love Mansfield and play in a couple of amateur tennis tournaments there every year but I consider it too far to Hobby in. It reminds me of the low key, bedroom type communities the Lancaster, DeSoto, Duncanville, Cedar Hill cities were, back in the day! Originally Posted by ManSlut
Desoto is not a good area for the body rub business simply because it is too far south, not because of the (at best) uniformed/outdated reasons you mentioned. By no means is it "safe to say" it's the worst in the Dallas area..LOL That's ridiculous. There are spots in north Dallas (I-35/635/Forest), northeast Dallas (635/Skillman), parts of Garland, and a few other random spots where you are far more likely to encounter a criminal element. If your fetish is "black, ghetto and pimped" you absolutely will encounter a criminal element anywhere but I have many friends that are doctors, lawyers, politicians, engineers, etc. that live in that southern sector and believe me their neighborhoods are nothing like the broken 40 ounce bottle, crack vile, empty shell casings on the ground type war zone you're talking about....lol

I will agree there isn't much of a night life down there, but there are many chain and mom and pop restaurants, including vegetarian fare. Besides the 3 or so high crime motels right at I-20 and Cockrell Hill road, there are several brand new hotels along Highway 67, I- 35, & I-20.

The entire area is undergoing a renovation and a resurgence. A couple of years ago the city of Dallas approved a $20M investment to do more redevelopment. Work takes me down there quite a bit. Maybe soon it will be safe enough for whites to return, i.e. the Bishop Arts District...lol

There are definitely pockets of poverty in that area but Manslut's description sounds like something out of the late 1980s or early 1990s, if it were ever true..

My father’s business was in Oak Cliff so that area was a 2nd home for me in a lot of ways back in the day and I love Mansfield and play in a couple of amateur tennis tournaments there every year but I consider it too far to Hobby in. It reminds me of the low key, bedroom type communities the Lancaster, DeSoto, Duncanville, Cedar Hill cities were, back in the day! Originally Posted by ManSlut
You speak the Truth!
I used to work in the Redbird area and had my car stolen from work 3 times in broad daylight. I can tell you first hand it is a scary area.
Redbird, is not what it once was...the Motels on Cockerell Hill and I-20 have gone down considerably. That was once a good area for providers, but no more. The area around I35 and Pleasant Run can be used with some caution.... but the best providers have mostly left that area. There are some New motels on 67 and a couple of new ones on I-35 but I don't know of any reliable providers there...If any one has info on a good provider in the area...let me know.
Well I stayed at a hotel, by the size and all the amenities it offered should of been great. Was far from GREAT A SLUM PLACE FOR REAL. Hot tub was out pool was gross, place smelled rooms where out dated I would not dare bring anybody there ever. So I just did the family thing and just booked it back to Midland.
The night club inside the place was packed and was hopping. Everyone was having fun I was the only white person but I was ok it was a trauma free place good drinks, music pool. All in all I know where never to go and try to work or stay again.
Never had any problems in DeSoto or Duncanville and have lived in both. Business was fine, actually better than it is up north. Not sure where people get the idea that it's a dangerous area because nothing happens there. It's actually at the top of the list when it comes to household incomes and safe hotels. If you're looking for nightlife, downtown is less than 20 minutes away and there are tons of bars and restaurants in Cedar Hill which is like 10 minutes up the road.
Are yall kidding me, redbird area isn't bad? I'm not judging anyone but u can easily pull crime numbers for the area. It gets a score of F on areavibes.com. whoever said the area has changed is dead wrong. Im sure many people have no problems but property crime and violent crime numbers are very high.